Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trukey with a bow

Old 12-27-2006, 05:26 PM

Default trukey with a bow

Im thinking of using my bow this spring for turkeys any pointers on what i need thats differnt then deer hunting and where should i aim thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Default RE: trukey with a bow

If i were going turkey hunting,which i may be doing this spring in WV, is get me some Gobbler Guillotines and aim for the neck/head.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 PM

i thought u shoot them just above the leg

Old 12-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally would get a large cutting diameter mechanical head. I would be okay to lower your draw weight to be able to hold it for a really long time.

I'm out on the gobbler guillotines, I think it can be disrespectful to deface any animal.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: novrut

i thought u shoot them just above the leg
the guilletine has very wide blades and is to cut off the head.. if ur not using one.. just aim right in the middle of the body but more towards the front (like a few inches)
Old 12-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

from the front shoot where the beard enters the chest. From the side shoot where the wing bone attaches to the body. From behind you shoot where the wing tips come together.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

right above the leg is a great spot for broadside. I like to take them facing too me or away if possible. I used a gobbler getter expandable on mine a couple of weeks ago. The guy that I was with killed his using an adder point behind a shuttle t-lock. It sounded like he hit the bird with a golf club as it did a face plant. Normal broadheads will pass right through. You need to impede penetration and add a little shock value. I know here in Idaho, the rules are loosened for any weapon seasons and we can drop the weight of the arrow down and also the poundage of the bow, this helps keep the arrow in the bird. Good luck, it is alot of fun.

dwd, I see that you are from Oaklahoma, the Sooner ,BSU game should be an interesting one to watch eh??
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

dwd, I see that you are from Oaklahoma, the Sooner ,BSU game should be an interesting one to watch eh??
Yeah it should be a good one, I hope our defense can contain the BSU high power offense. I just graduated from OU in May and still live in Norman as my roomie is still in school.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 PM

I am also going to try turkey hunting with a bow this year.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

its also going to be my first year to try the bow for a wise old gobbler, the gun thingy is to easy[8D]
Dan
ORIGINAL: ash2042

I am also going to try turkey hunting with a bow this year.

Quick Reply: trukey with a bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.