Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GPS ????

Old 12-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GPS ????

Get one and learn how to use it or it ain't going to do any more good than teets on a boar hog. I have the garmin legend that came with a cd on how to use it. I highly recommend it if getting a gps. A gps anymore should just be part of your gear that you take in the bush. If you don't venture too far in the bush than stick with listening to the traffic.

Bobby
Old 12-31-2006, 08:39 PM

Split brows I'm lookin at the garmin rhino 120. going to buy the 2 pack for me and my dad when we're hunting. the two way radio coupled with the gps should be invaluable. How do you like yours?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I like to play with it, but it's really not necissary. I have it, I've used it... but I could easily do without it. JMO It was invaluable on my fishing trip to Canada last year to mark fish and come back another day to hidden little shoals and ridges in the middle of a big lake where we'd caught fish before. In our best spot it was a matter of being a few yards this way or that to hook up.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: MidwestJ

Split brows I'm lookin at the garmin rhino 120. going to buy the 2 pack for me and my dad when we're hunting. the two way radio coupled with the gps should be invaluable. How do you like yours?
Myself and a bunch of my buddies have had the 110s for the last couple of years. We have found that the radios don't work worth a crap. Get the 530 and put the topo maps on it. You will not be disappointed. It is one of the best investments I have ever made.