Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

BTW at $25 a pop it takes 4000 entries to raise $100,000.... You are right P&Y is a waste
Old 12-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

But you're just buying your way into those charities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.....

Jeff
Old 12-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW at $25 a pop it takes 4000 entries to raise $100,000
Can someone not just make donations to P&Y or any of the charities individually without entering a buck?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

You can join the club without entering a buck.

Jeff
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

For those of you that enter your deer into"the book" Why do you do it, and what is the benefit?

Since it has not been answered yet..............Bump
Well on that note..Why do many of us pay $300 and up to have our nice bucks mounted? It's enjoyable, we relish the hunt and the animal.
I don't have a book qualifying Buck. If I did, I would probably enter it. In my den(decorated as a hunting room)where where my mounts and suchare..it would sit on the coffe table. It's a reflection of a pursuit, some would say a way of life...It's a piece of my life perserved for my enjoyment, and if my youngchildren decide it is a life style they wish to live..it's an achievementthat they may cherish and strive for.
If I should be soblessed to live to a ripe old age, and perhaps not be able to get out and chase the critters, I can sit back and relive the moments that brought me joy.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

For those of you that enter your deer into"the book" Why do you do it, and what is the benefit?

Since it has not been answered yet..............Bump
Well on that note..Why do many of us pay $300 and up to have our nice bucks mounted? It's enjoyable, we relish the hunt and the animal.
I don't have a book qualifying Buck. If I did, I would probably enter it. In my den(decorated as a hunting room)where where my mounts and suchare..it would sit on the coffe table. It's a reflection of a pursuit, some would say a way of life...It's a piece of my life perserved for my enjoyment, and if my youngchildren decide it is a life style they wish to live..it's an achievementthat they may cherish and strive for.
If I should be soblessed to live to a ripe old age, and perhaps not be able to get out and chase the critters, I can sit back and relive the moments that brought me joy.
Respect!
Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can someone not just make donations to P&Y or any of the charities individually without entering a buck?
Yes, they accept donations as well. They were fund raising for the National P&Y museum over the past 2 years or so....

Here is some info on that project......

BTW free admission...... I wonder how the utilities get paid? OH, suckers like GregH and myself..... That's who.

Pope & Young Club / St. Charles Museum of Bowhunting

A Showcase of Bowhunting's Evolution

In the rolling hills and farmland of southeastern Minnesota, just minutes off of Interstate 90, lies the singular crowning testimony to North America's rich bowhunting heritage---a place to learn about bowhunting's history, a place to appreciate bowhunting's "rediscovery", a place to understand bowhunting's place in wildlife conservation and in our culture.

[align=center]
Chatfield, Minnesota [/align]WALK IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF PIONEER BOWHUNTERS

A maze of exhibits lead visitors through the chronological story of bowhunting's evolution in North America over the last 150 years. Select artifacts behind glass, descriptive storyboards and dramatic dioramas chart the events that shaped bowhunting's evolution. The dioramas feature Ishi (the last truly primitive Indian in North America), Dr. Saxton Pope, Arthur Young, Fred Bear and Glenn St. Charles.

Among the highlights of the collection of artifacts are:
[ul][*]Items made and used by Dr. Saxton Pope and Arthur Young (handcrafted bows, arrows, points, books, trophies, personal items)[*]Howard Hill bows, arrows and broadheads[*]Fred Bear's borsallino hat[*]Handcrafted bows and personal items of the Club's founder, Glenn St. Charles[*]The most complete collection of wooden bows (over 200 longbows and recurves made between 1835 and 1950)[*]One of the largest and most complete collections of broadheads ever amassed for public display (numbering over 1000)[*]Comprehensive collection of archery and bowhunting books and magazines [/ul]Museum Hours

Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm

Saturday
10:00am to 5:00pm[*]Admission is Free (donations welcome)[*]Groups Welcomed

Old 12-27-2006, 12:48 PM

BTW at $25 a pop it takes 4000 entries to raise $100,000
Yes...........I wonder what the % of guys that do that is??

I bet if you weren't buying a line in a book the # of $25 checks coming in would go down a bit
Old 12-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well on that note..Why do we many of us pay $300 and up to have our nice bucks mounted? It's enjoyable, we relish the hunt and the animal.
I understand and RESPECT what you are syaing. I guess I look at it a little different.The way of life that is Hunting is a great tradition to cherish and pass on to children and family. I am not sure that a P&Y buck matters much in the grand scheme of things. Sure it's a nice accompolishment and the hunter should be proud, but it is a very very small part of what I would want to pass along.

I really do not have a beef with P&Y or anyone who enters deer into the Book.It just seems to be done more for self-gratification reasons than anything else, which is fine.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I notice that nice buck in your sig, Huntingus.

Quick Reply: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.