Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

It's simple. It a club
You see it as a club..........I see it as a business.

Take it for what it is
I do..........a book that you can buy your way into with $25 and a score sheet.

if you don't like it, don't enter and belong
I never said I didn't like it..........just a silly concept.

quit belly aching that someone else wants to.
I couldn't care less if someone else wants to sell their house to pay for it...........where did you read that I didn't want others to "join"??

Good thing I bought my way into the NWTF, NRA, UBP etc..etc...
If I am not mistaken the money from those organizations goes towards the improvements of hunting and our rights to do so. Has P+Y saved an animal species or defended my rights to hunt to our govt?? If that is what the $25 goes towards then I fully retract my comments and the club has my full support.........I checked their "conservation" links and the money they quoted was less then what my gun club has in the bank.

To say someone bought their way into the P&Y Club is absurd
Can you get in without paying the $25??
I fully support the P & Y and the ideas behind it. But I do agree w. Atlas on many points, Good post!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't care what is done with the scoring......Raise it. Lower it. Get rid of it all together. I have never really given it much thought until now.

Many of the "clubs" that I am familiar with take the dues or entry fees and use them to forward a common cause as in the NRA for example.

For those of you that enter your deer into"the book" Why do you do it, and what is the benefit?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Dominant Buck

That book is full of false entries. (and that's no insult to the book........just human nature).
It even happens in our little Deer Hunting Contest.

Right Atlas? Human nature!

Jeff
Old 12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That book is full of false entries. (and that's no insult to the book........just human nature).
It even happens in our little Deer Hunting Contest.

Right Atlas? Human nature!

Jeff

Old 12-27-2006, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Atlas, I should feel really silly as I've "bought" my way into the club seven times. And actually joined once.
I agree.........fool me once, shame on you.......fool me seven times, shame on me.

Respect!
That is what many hope they are buying with that $25 IMO.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Is there anyone here besides me that would LOVE to see thisconversationcontinued via a roundtable discussion?

I'm bettingit would have a seriously different tone.

Jeff
Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those of you that enter your deer into"the book" Why do you do it, and what is the benefit?

Since it has not been answered yet..............Bump

Old 12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Since it has not been answered yet..............Bump
I will enter a deer if it is the No typical bow kill for MI. The 1 and only reason is because Mitch Rompala holds the record to date with a buck he shot in 1985.

There is my reason
Old 12-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will enter a deer if it is the No typical bow kill for MI. The 1 and only reason is because Mitch Rompala holds the record to date with a buck he shot in 1985.

There is my reason
That's a pretty good reason Germ!

I am interested more in why the guy who puts the 140'' typical buck in every other year.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am an active member of P&Y and I see no reason to change the entry scores...... If killing a 125 inch buck is to easy for you up the anty and shoot for the stars.... You never know what kind of buck you'll end up with...

Now to our poor confused atlas who hasn't a clue.....

[/align]
The Pope and Young Club has announced its Conservation Program Grants for the 2006-07 fiscal year. Pope and Young Club Conservation Program Grants, totalling almost $100,000.00, were awarded to the following projects and programs in areas of education, pro-wildlife management, pro-bowhunting, research and partnerships:
[/align]
[/align][ul][*]National Archery in the Schools Program[*]Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance[*]Boone & Crockett Club's Hunt Fair Chase Program[*]The American Wildlife Conservation Partners[*]AWCP - land access web site project[*]United States Sportsmen's Alliance - Bowhunting Rights Coalition[*]South Dakota State University - pronghorn antelope research project[*]Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation[*]International Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies[*]Ballot Issues Coalition[*]Arizona Game & Fish Dept. / Purdue University - deer DNA research project[*]Utah State University - predator / prey interaction (wolf, cougar, elk, mule deer) research project[*]Judy Kovar's Hunting Heritage Program[*]Becoming an Outdoors Woman Program[*]Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry[*]National Shooting Sports Foundation - public schools conservation videos[*]Orion-The Hunter's Institute[*]Hunting for Tomorrow Foundation[*]Alaska Fish & Game Dept. - wood bison restoration project[*]Jack Creek Preserve Foundation - youth conservation & bowhunting education[*]Be Bear Aware and Wildlife Stewardship Campaign[*]Washington State Highway 97A Fence project[*]The Kicking Bear Foundation - youth mentoring[*]Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Trust - public documentary[*]The North American Bowhunting Coalition[*]Unallocated - defense of bowhuunting and defense of bowhunting-only seasons[/ul]
With these grants, the Pope and Young Club has given more than a half million dollars over just the last seven years to conservation projects around North America.

Where do you think these funds come from????? It is a non-profit organization.....

Quick Reply: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.