Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

My fatheris a pastpresident of the Pope & Young club for many years. He has spent a lot of HIS time to representthis sport and help it grow. The Pope & Young club fights to protect the sport we all love. If that isn't worth your $25.00 a year that's your decision.
The membership fee is $35 a year........how I know that and a former presidents son doesn't is weird.

Maybe your opinion will change when bowhunting in your state is under fire and they are there to fight for your right to do it.

Give me a break.........while I appreciate and respect all the good things they do.........P+Y will not be the deciding factor in the survival of bowhunting.

My guess is that if you aren't supporting this club you probably aren't sending money to any club to help protect bowhunting.
Your guess is wrong.........on many levels

The $25.00 to enter your deer in the record book is to help publish and print the book.
So none of that money goes towards conservation?

Atlas, I'm sure there are deer entered in the book that people lied about to get them entered. But if they find out about it after the fact the entry is taken out and they are no longer a member of the club if they joined.

MC
I know it is impossible to keep the bogus entries out...............which defeats the purpose of the book IMO.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, swooo,swooooo

Was that the energizer bunny, nope just Atlas he keeps going and going and going

Old 12-28-2006, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

Want to make a ton ofmoney............start a NPO![&:]

That is classic.

Thus ends the fairy tale
Old 12-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I know it is impossible to keep the bogus entries out...............which defeats the purpose of the book IMO.
I guess we should just scrap our deer hunting HNI contest too, Atlas.....or simply ban you from it.

Jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I guess we should just scrap our deer hunting HNI contest too, Atlas.....or simply ban you from it.

Jeff
OUCH!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

MC....you could tell Atlas your dad was the CPA for the P&Y and he'd swear to God you didn't know pops was cooking the books.

You're pixxing in the wind. We all are. You're arguing with an internet warrior whose claim to fame is not his post count.....but his pixxed count. He's pixxed off more forum members than the Dixie Chicks has Texans.

Martha Burke cried and moaned about women not being invited to be members at Augusta National........knowing full well they'd never ask her to be a member there, anyways (nor would they ever want someone like her to be a member there). Any correllation?????

Atlas....you can join N.O.W. . Really. If they take a lunch meeting over to the male burlesque show, though......I'd ask for an audit.

Jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

OFF TOPIC, the original thread was intended as a poll to see if the P & Y should raise their minimum, not whether or not it should exist etc...

Hijacked so it's locked.