Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-27-2006, 04:33 PM

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I just don't see where having your name in a book makes your accomplishment any greater.
Maybe it doesn't, but it DOES support conservation.
How?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

At least I got the "infamous quote" even if it was just a drink of water for a reply.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I just don't see where having your name in a book makes your accomplishment any greater.
Maybe it doesn't, but it DOES support conservation.
How?
LOL....THAT, right there was funny, and I don't care who ya are!!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Site Bouncer

It's easy Atlas........They can say that your $25.00 donation goes toward conservation as long as only one penny of that does. That meansfor every $100,000.00they earn infees from book names, as long as at least $1,000.00 is spent onconservation they can say this. Don't get book keeping confused with buisness. Yes they keep track of how the money is generated, but it is deposited into a general fund for expenditures. The % game they play is for the lawyers so they CAN say that your money goes to conservation.

The bottom line is they give to good causes so supporting an organization like the P&Y club is not a bad thing and even those who only give to have their names in a book still support a worthy organization.

Gotta run will check back an a few hours!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:40 PM

So how many people have ever joined the club just to support conservation, and not have their name putin the book?

BTW I don't know where the money goes, nor do I care. They could take it to the local strip club for all I care.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: *JB*

So how many people have ever joined the club just to support conservation, and not have their name putin the book?

BTW I don't know where the money goes, nor do I care. They could take it to the local strip club for all I care.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You must have missed my post earlier......

Being a member of the club and entering an animal is two different things. Membership dues do not put your name in a book. You do not have to be a member to enter an animal into their records.

I don't know how many names are in the book, but if it is over 800 pages it is not a very elite group.
No one claimed this was an "elite" listing.... There is also 33 seperate listings... It's not just all whitetails....
Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

It's easy Atlas........They can say that your $25.00 donation goes toward conservation as long as only one penny of that does. That meansfor every $100,000.00they earn infees from book names, as long as at least $1,000.00 is spent onconservation they can say this.
That sounds more deceitful then anything mentioned so far. So you are saying that their claims of $100,000 in grants may only be $1,000??

Yes they keep track of how the money is generated, but it is deposited into a general fund for expenditures. The % game they play is for the lawyers so they CAN say that your money goes to conservation.
I have not seen any evidence that this is true.

The bottom line is they give to good causes so supporting an organization like the P&Y club is not a bad thing and even those who only give to have their names in a book still support a worthy organization.

Gotta run will check back an a few hours!
I guess I don't see how giving someone money just to cover cost is "supporting" them.........I mean, if people stopped giving the entry money then P+Y would not go under..........just the book.......right?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Maybe you just misunderstood my post. Sorry sometimes I don't write all that well. How many people have ever just joined the club without the intent of also having their name put in the book. What I mean is; How many people have waited until they shot a book buck to actually join the P&Y club. Or how many members of th eclub don't have their name in the book.My guess would be the vast majority have their name in the book because they have taken this route to become a P&Y member. By that I mean they waited until they shot a P&Y deer and then said "I think I will join P&Y, because I really want to support conservation, and I guess I will have my name put in the book while I am at it."
Old 12-27-2006, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: *JB*

That rules!!!!

Quick Reply: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.