Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Atlas what is your malfunction? Your whole argument at the beginning was "it's a business!", "you're a bunch of suckers!". Then you're corrected, IT'S A NON PROFIT ORG! But no, not good enough, you continue with the $25, what's it for, why do you join? WTF!Did you get sick of posting at www.whineylittlebitch.com?
If you think no money is made from non-profit-organizations then you have A LOT to learn about the business world.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: John Deer

I guess I don't understand. What difference does it make where the friggin 25.00 goes? It's a Nonprofit Organization that obviously supports conservation, so what's the big deal?

What is so hard to understand?? If you give $25 to a cancer charity just to get your name in book of recognition.......and that $25 doesn't go to help anyone with cancer because it is needed just to print the book then you just bought a line in a book.......nothing more and nothing less.

P+Y does a lot of nice things........but they seem to be separate from the records program. Any claims that paying $25 to get your name in a book is somehow helping build museums and/or keep bowhunting alive and well seem to be facetious.

Just trying to give(or not give) credit where credit is(or isn't) due
I still don't see what the big deal is. If I shoot one and it qualifies for the book, I'm paying my $25.00 (cause nothings free) and get it entered. Call it boastfull or what ever you want. If the 25.00 goes to conservation great......If the $25.00 goes to pay for ink, paper, publishing, paying employees, etc.. great. If they made money and were'nt a NPO, I couldn't care less. I'm for capitalism. I paid for a service and they provided it. If I was simply giving $25.00 because they stated that they would use it for conservation efforts and then they did not, I'd be upset. They aren't misleading people down that road. People pay $25.00 to get thier deer and namein the book for recognition and there's nothing wrong with that. It's that simple.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Bartender

Not bad for afib Say Cheese
Old 12-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW the "book" cost's $42 if anyone is interested....
Old 12-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Bartender

Now that kind of surprised me. Must be hard cover but still.....
Old 12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, it is hard cover... It is also 856 pages....

For the first time, a CD of the records is included with this all-time record book. The CD contains a digital version of the full record book (in .pdf format) as well as the records information in sortable database format
Old 12-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas, your tenacity (right or wrong) is amazing! I think it's funny ashell. Although, I think the truth of the whole matter is this, the Pope and Young Club represents nothing but good for our sport!If a stupid $25fee or its destination is an issue with anyone, they don't have to get involved with the club. I don't think they do anything differantly than other clubs of thier kind.[8D]
Lastly, I think they should keep the same minimum score. It's just a basic jumping off point for referance and a little recognition.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: atlasman

P+Y does a lot of nice things........but they seem to be separate from the records program. Any claims that paying $25 to get your name in a book is somehow helping build museums and/or keep bowhunting alive and well seem to be facetious.

Just trying to give(or not give) credit where credit is(or isn't) due
I don't think it's that cut and dry, I would be reallyshocked to find out that the money generated is put into "separate holdings". Like most organizations money is earned from all possible avenues be it donations or fees for services. It is thendeposited into a general fund. From the general fund money is allocated to whatever expenditures the company has......payroll, charities, conservation, printing, legal dept, insurance, workmans comp, retirement funds, etc...

So to say your $25.00 only went to printing your name in a book is not true. That money was deposited with ALL the other earnings the company took in. It was then paid out as needed.The P&Y club gives tooutdoor and conservation organizations,then supporting them be it by donations only or by putting your name in their book for $25.00 helps.

There is no difference, all money generated by whatever means is helping a company that gives back to sportsmen and conservation in many ways.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice post BigJ
Old 12-27-2006, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: John Deer

I still don't see what the big deal is. If I shoot one and it qualifies for the book, I'm paying my $25.00 (cause nothings free) and get it entered. Call it boastfull or what ever you want. If the 25.00 goes to conservation great......If the $25.00 goes to pay for ink, paper, publishing, paying employees, etc.. great.
That is the big deal........they are two VERY different things and often one is portrayed as the other. If you pay $25 to get your name in a book then just say so........don't pretend you are doing it for the heart felt love of bowhunting and conservation. Just be honest and say you paid to put your name in a book........no need to masquerade it as something else that appears more noble.

If they made money and were'nt a NPO, I couldn't care less. I'm for capitalism.
That's not capitalism........it's fraud and it's a crime.

They aren't misleading people down that road.
I agree..........they are not

Quick Reply: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.