Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
21.88%
No
78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Yeah atlas I think so, I cant find anything on the site. Im going to ask a buddy in IL about this he knows someone on the board or something like that.
Yea........I couldn't find anything on their site that says where your $25 goes.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Bartender

$25.00 recording fee, payable to the Pope and Young Club
I guess that is all it is for records and for production of the book. You answered your question yourself.
2 separate entities.

Of course someone would be mad if they paid and didnt get there service. Common sense sir.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Bartender

Will this poll allow me to change my vote btw?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas, come on. Your just rambeling on now.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

So you would not have been upset if they had taken your money and not put your name in the book??
I can't speak for what Greg thinks, but with my annual membership duesmy name doesn't go into a book...... Does that answer your question?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

$25.00 recording fee, payable to the Pope and Young Club
I guess that is all it is for records and for production of the book. You answered your question yourself.
2 separate entities.

That is what I figured...........so a paid entry doesn't support the nice things that the club does for our sport........it just keeps the book going.

Of course someone would be mad if they paid and didnt get there service. Common sense sir.
I only asked because he said he didn't care what they did with his money.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: atlasman

So you would not have been upset if they had taken your money and not put your name in the book??
Dude, that is what the money was for in the first place. I give them other money besides that. Otherwise you make no sense.... What kind of record book would take your money and not record any information??? Paying for a service from anybody and not getting what I paid for would upset me.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't think they should change it at all, it's still difficult no matter where you hunt to kill a 125in (net) buck with a bow.

As far as the $25.00 is concerned, I don't see a problem with it at all. It's well known that the P&Y (as well as B&C) club spend money towards many conservational programs...always have and probably always will. They have set what they think (and many others as well) to be a standard for trophy deer taken with a bow. Getting your name in their book tells all that you have accomplished that feat. Sure there will be those who lie and cheat to get it but you will find that in every record book out there.

It's human nature to show to others what they have done, why do you think people take photos of the deer they shoot?......to share and show to others. Same reason why we have them mounted. I do it because the mounts remind me of the hunt and all that went into it. It reminds me of what a truly magnificent animalWhitetails are ANDit lets me share with anyone who is intersted my accomplishment of that hunt.

The book is no different, it's a way for people to share with others their accomplishment in taking a "trophy caliber" deer.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Atlas, come on. Your just rambeling on now.
I don't know what rambeling is but I am just curious because I have heard MANY guys justify their entering of a buck because the donation goes to help hunting.........not just for the bragging rights. If the $25 does not go towards conservation efforts and merely keeps ink in the book then this is a fallacy.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I don't understand. What difference does it make where the friggin 25.00 goes? It's a Nonprofit Organization that obviously supports conservation, so what's the big deal?

Quick Reply: Time to raise score to qualify for P&Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.