Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois guided archery hunt

Old 12-24-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Illinois guided archery hunt

I really need help here.I have saved up enough cash for a dream whitetail hunt. I have chosen Illinois for my destination.I need some real firsthandtestimony from those of you who have hunted with an outfitter in Illinois. I am looking to hunt managed property and undisturbed deer during the last stages of the pre-rut.Please help!!
Old 12-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois guided archery hunt

www.trophydeerhunt.com
Jarod is a great guy and every thing you need for the hunt is there. We went in October this year and saw 8 different pope and young bucks in 5 days and pope and young is a shoot or 130. I did get to shoot a 140 class 10 point that got away from em while i was there and saw a different 10 in range of me the first day but let it go since it was only the first day The people are first class and so is the food and guides. A real laid back lighthearted environment. Great lodge bt cell phone service is definetly limited and for lunch you better stop in puducah kentucky and get some meat items for the grill unless you wnat pizza from the local gas station or you could eat at the small local restaraunt. ZThe town is very small and made up of huge oak ridges and food plots for the surronding country many big deer are killed there every year and i want to say there are more bucks than does there which is definetlya statement for any place. Just give him a call and if you dont mind tell him Brent And Owen sent you
Old 12-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

While anywhere in IL is capable of trophy whitetails look to the "golden triangle" in IL... Pike is certainly included in the triangle but hunting pressure is high, look at counties in that region.. LOTS of outfitters in that area....
Old 12-25-2006, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

pope and young is a shoot or 130. I did get to shoot a 140 class 10 point that got away from em while i was there
I don't understand either of these statements, can you explain what you mean?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you ask for references to call, good and bad. These outfitter will whisper sweet love in your ear. I seen a statement from Chuck Adams the he wants the complete list of hunters that hunted with the Outfitterto call.If the Outfitter dosen't comply he moves on. I hunted in Il in 2000 and 2002 with IL Trophy Bowhunters. The first time I shot a 120'' 10pt the second trip I did not score but I had one good chance and seen some nice Bucks. The hunts were semi Guided. They had some nice farms to hunt but the sleeping Quartes were not the best. I just hunted in KY on a full Guided hunt and that was nice as far as food and sleeping quarters go. If you have the $ Full Guided is the way to go if you ask me. GoodLuck and CALL,CALL,CALL those REFERENCES thats a must!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally have not hunted with them, But i know Tall Tine Outfitters kills some real nice deer. They lease some ground around where I hunt in Jersey Co. Their hunters have brought some real nice bucks to my friends Taxidermy Shop to have mounted. I don't have a ph.# but you can do a search and probably come up with something.

I f you do bow hunt IL, the tags are a lottery draw and you have to apply well before the season. So get an early start once you make up your mind. I think the money has to be in by July maybe. Good luck on a trophy.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the information and keep it coming. I hope to log on next fall and report that I had a great hunt.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since when is Il a draw state, I think your wrong on that one. I bought a LIC over the phone when I hunted there. I do think they only have so many out of State LIC. I could be wrong on that one though. Just checkout there Web Page!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

the tags are a lottery but the license are not i bought mine at wal mart when i got there.the deadline for the tags are in july im pretty sure.the tags are $387 tax and all but the license are $25 for 5 days or $50 for the whole season and habitat stamps are $5. But i did not hunt with an outfitter i hunted with goherd1111 on private land. you can see the bucks we killed on the 9 degreeIIL buck down thread on page16 i think. We were hunting in scott co. which is pretty close to pike co..
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man when did they change that? It seems they raised the $ of the Tags. The last time I hunted Il was 2002. The price of going out of state is going through the roof. I might be going to South Dakota this year. I wonder what the $ is for that state or draw. I must look into that soon!

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: Illinois guided archery hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.