Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer transporting question...

Old 12-22-2006, 12:30 PM

Default deer transporting question...

hey guys. quick question, it isnt actually bowhunting realted but it fits here somehow (lol some way some how). I just bought a 05 trailblazer and i want to know where to buythose carryingracks that attach to the hitch of your vehicle and a deer fits nice and perfect on there. I have a trailer but its just annoying to have to hook it up, drive with it and then unhook it after a hunt. I would love to find one of these items, im just not sure what they are called - so i cant call around and ask...maybe a deer cart..? im sure someone knows what im speaking of, i see them alot.Its just a little 2x4 or whatever metal platform that attaches to the hitch and a deer can be safely transported on it, instead of stinking up my new vehicle with deer blood andthe smell of death. thanks alot fellas i hope someone understands what i speak of. have a great day
Old 12-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer transporting question...

Lowesand Home Depot have them. They are around $50.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:02 PM

huntingson - ok thanks alot, but do you know what they are called, or atleast used for. im going to look online in a minute at both places, but if i were to go to lowes and say "i need a deer transportation cart" they will probably have no idea what i mean. either way, you have helped alot, but if you do know their "name" or there intended use (obviously its not for carrying deer b.c its a home depot), it would help much more. thanks buddy
Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 PM

[/align]I don't know what they are called but buy the one that hinges up.with it down it'snot hard to back into something.Look up hitchs at cabalas to get the name.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hitch-hauler.WalMart carries them,too

Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 PM

ok yea i found them. at lowes for 50 bucks and then at bass pro for like 90. i might just get the one from lowes, looks simple and reliable enough. dayna i would get the hinge on if i could find it but i dont think i need it b/c i will only be using it when i have a deer there, meaning that i cant hinge itup anyway. thanks for the help guys
Old 12-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

With a name like geterdun2....I can't imagine you NOT putting your deer righton the hood of your vehicle.....[8D]

Sorry, couldn't help it. LOL

Make sure to get reflector tape for the sides and back if you get one.