Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Guardian/Allegience thread.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Another Guardian/Allegience thread.

Considering these are the only two Bowtechs I am really interested in taking a look at, why would I choose one over the other?

For those of you who have experience with either ofthese two models, what really will be the difference between them?

I realize a lot of it is going to just come down to which feels better for me, but if you had to sell me on one or the other, which would it be and why?

(Hopefully, if my attorney works everything out quickly, I'll be shopping for bows next weekend.)
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another Guardian/Allegience thread.

Nobody could have enough expierence with the Guardian to sell it to you. Follow your own advice and go shoot them all. Then buy the Mathews.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Nobody could have enough expierence with the Guardian to sell it to you. Follow your own advice and go shoot them all. Then buy the Mathews.
I've already got plenty of boat anchors as it is. I don't think I need a $700 one.

Iguess my real question is what are the major differences between the two? Aside from the obvious.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM

Lol, I would prefure the Guardain becasue i've seen people shoot it, Its silent and Little to none shock and smooth draw. But as well The Alligance is great bow also!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Washington,
What bow are you currently shooting??
I am also interested in the Bowtech's, but my freinds chastize me for not being loyal to Hoyt haha.
I really want to check out the Tribute...how come you eliminated this one?

Thanks
Jim
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 AM

Washington I am looking at the same bows as you. I am leaning towards the allegiance for a couple of reasons. It has been out for a few years and bowtech has made improvements to this bow and tweaked it until it should be perfect. They realized changes needed to be made from the earlier models and they made them. While the guardian is going to be angreat bow I don't think bowtech has all the bugs worked out or as finally tuned as the allegiance. The guardian is going to have to be an awesome bow for me to choose it. I think in a year or two the guardian will be tweaked by bowtech and should be one of the best butright now I don't think it is. This is just my thoughts. There is nine pages in the tech forum.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: neck4752

Washington,
What bow are you currently shooting??
I am also interested in the Bowtech's, but my freinds chastize me for not being loyal to Hoyt haha.
I really want to check out the Tribute...how come you eliminated this one?

Thanks
Jim
Many people think the tribute is obsolete(sp) because the Allegiance is faster and many believe just as smooth and little hand shock and vibration. Rob had a post where his talked about it, I'll see if I can do a search and post the thread.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am always big on trying out new technology. The Guardian's design truly could revolutionize bow design if it stands the test of time. They address some key "weak spots" with the long riser/parallel limb design by adding the Center Pivot arm and redesigning the Centertrac Binary Cam.