Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so frustrating!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default so frustrating!!!

My brothers been dating a girl for a few months now. She lives right on the edge of a low pressured piece of woods. She tells him how she has deer all over the yard at night even "big ones with horns". I have been asking himfor about 2.5 months to ask her dad if I can park at the house and hunt. He keeps giving me excuses as to why he hasnt asked yet. He tells me how he talked about hunting with her dad and other various stories, but then he never mentions my interest.
The season is now over in one week and I just brought it up again. I asked him is he can just ask if I can park there to go shedding. He says" I really dont feel comfortable asking" I said Why? He says" because"..., I want to choke him...
I told him Ill ask myself and he doesnt even want me to do that. I dont get it I am ready to smack him.UGh!!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: so f'en frustrating!!!

just ask
Old 12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

First off, with language that I needed to edit out, if I were you, forget about it.

Now if you can be polite and professional in asking, go for it.

I'm just saying.....(credit to Jeff).
Old 12-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry Rob, I didnt realise I coudnt use abbreviations.

I probably will just ask, but Itis so aggravating when you cant get a straight answer from somebody on something so simple, meaning my brother.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: so frustrating!!!

The grass is always greener. With visions of sugarplumbs dancing in our head. REALLY, there are lots of places to hunt, you've hunted up to this point. If you can honestly walk up to the guy and ask to hunt, without telling him my brother is dating your daughter, then do it. Do the whole bit like you're not related. I say this only because your brother has ask you NOT to do it. I'd really honor his request. There must be something there you're not hearing or not being told. I think you brother doesn't want to jeopordize his situation with the family by asking something he obviously feels just isn't right in this situation or at this time. Which is more important to you, family wishes and desires or the greener grass. Dreams of monster bucks are temporary. Family is forever.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:20 PM

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.
Rule number one...found on the HNI rules page.....

Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I have a brother too, wouldn't rely on him and you know the old saying, if you want something done, do it yourself. Lesson in life, rely on no one, be self reliant, it'll get you much further.

Be professional, humble, caring and clean. Actually, that'll help in life too. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Uh... Deer!! LOL Your right Dave, I do think he is afraid that the dad wont like him, I just dont get it.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I was thinking he might be thinking more.... dad won't like you.[&:][&:][8D]
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm thinking exactly what David said in both his entries to this thread.

Quick Reply: so frustrating!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.