Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Penobscot Island, Maine?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Penobscot Island, Maine?

Anybody here hunted the Maine islands for deer?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:38 PM

Default RE: Penobscot Island, Maine?

Nope. Never even been to Maine. Im only posting so that it will go back to the top and maybe it wont be over looked. However, I have hunted deer on islands before. Here in TN there is not a whole lot of deer out there but they do make the swim.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 PM

Thanks Steve. here's the outfitter I'm looking at:

http://www.seaduck.net/hunting.html
Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 PM

Mike,

Dude if I dont know if you have ever been on an outfitted deer hunt or not. But if I was going to spend the money to go and hunt deer somewhere, then I would absolutely make sure that the deer in that area is what I was looking for and that I would have a good chance at em. I went to Missouri for opening week of bowseason in Sept. with IMB outfitters. I didnt get a shot oppotunity but my friends did. I saw some nice bucks just out of range. This hunt was semi-guided and if I have any advice for anyone on an outfitted hunt is go Fully-guided. You probably cant find a better outfitter than IMB it was an awesome hunt and they even through in a day of Fully-Guided to show us the difference. And man it was amazing. I highly reccomend IMB. Just make sure that you get your moneys worth when you go on a hunt and listen to the outfitter. I checked out your outfitter and it seemed to me like they are more concerned with duck hunting than anything. Yeah they have a cheap hunt for 3 days and tags are cheap but when you buy a hunt always, always go for quality rather than the cheapest hunt.