Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a new camera.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need a new camera.

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I suggest dropping the coin and getting a Cannon Rebel XTI 10.0 megapixel with replaceable lenses. It is a great camera and the ability to put zoom lenses on it makes it ideal for outdoor photos. It is a bit bulky, but the picture quality and camera features more than compensate for that.
My wife has this camera, he is correct truly a great camera!! No good for carry in a pact
No question that this is the ultimate entry level DSLR! I have two of themmyself (not the 400D but the 350D) my wife LOVES them. I would push him toward that myselfBUT, he's talking 800 for camera 200 for 75-300 lens (if he gets a slow/cheap one) and another 100 for tripod (just for a decent one). Now he's at 1100 when he didn't want more than 2-300. But I agree, best camera on the market for the money right now.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy the best, then you only cry once.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingson,
I would have cried twice; First, when I parted ways with my money, and second when my pack was dropped from my tree stand! Talk about being disappointed in yourself. I’d started tying off my pack up as high as I could, to keep my stuff from touching the ground. The knots are hard to untie above your head, so I started using two half hitches. The second half hitch wouldn’t be pulled all the way through, so I was left with a sort of half bow. Pull the loose end and the knot is untied, right… Well I pulled on both ends as I was lowering my pack as it was getting dark, and didn’t realize I was untying the knot until it was in a free fall! It was a mess. I lost my camera, binoculars and three of four carbon arrows (bow was strapped to the pack). My thermos full of coffee also broke in my pack along with a small jar of “active scrape”.

I appreciate all the responses for sure. I’m sure that you guys are right about the quality of the cameras that you’re suggesting. However, I am the sole provider for six people. Even though I’m not poverty stricken, and we do have a lot to be thankful for, there isn’t a whole lot to go around after all of my expenses are paid for, not to mention Christmas. I think I’m going to go with the Sony as suggested by some, not only for the price, but the fact that I don’t take a lot of pictures anyway.

Thanks for all your help guys,
KP
Old 12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Touche

I must have misunderstood. I thought you were trying to get into outdoor photography as another hobby. If you do not take a bunch of pictures, then no need for a camera like that. The Sonys are very nice cameras and you will enjoy it for what I now understand your purpose to be. Canon also makes a 530 and 540 model which are very small and have pretty good resolution and I think are about $150-$170.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM

Wally world will be changing out cameras the first of the year they usually have a great clearance prices. I'd go meet the manager of that department and see whats going to be closed out.