Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Buck with a Bow!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Default RE: First Buck with a Bow!!!

Congratz, Great buck for your first bow kill
Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great first buck... second buck... anytime buck, congratulations!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer and better hair cut.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good one, CONGRATS.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 AM

That's a good one I don't care if it's your 20th, but even more so being your 1st. WAY TO GO!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

good job!

Old 12-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

That's a nice buck anytime, especially for your first. Congrats!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

I was kinda bummin back in October, I had a 15yd shot on a wider but not as tall or heavier buck and hit the only tree branch I didn't break in my shooting lane. I went from a boiler room shot to punchin him right in the last rib (as he was quartering away). Tracked him for 12 hours, jumped him once out of a bed filled with blood....never found him. Needless to say I wonder if it was in the cards for me to not find him cuz this is one heck of consolation prize. The picture I posted (as small as it is) doesn't even do it justice. I was sitting on a stool off of a snowmobile trail with a heavy deer trail crossing it. Deer came in at 4:35pm out of no where from my left heading to the deer trail. I had no clue what it was but I figured my buddy had a doe tag and I had a buck tag so either way if I had a shot I was taking it. I soon saw horns (not much tho for it was getting dark) and said "cool" to myself. He then turned and started walking right at me. I stopped him at 10 yds (BAAHHH) and let fly. I have never heard the noise I heard when I shot...WWHHHAAACCCKKK! The shot was a hole between two trees about 10" wide so I first thought I hit a tree. He just walked off. I immediately went to check things out. No arrow no blood...I was like no way not another one. 2 minutes later I hear a huge single THUD! I walk out to the snowmobile trail...BLOOD! Keep in mind I new I shot a buck but no idea what kind of buck.He didn't go 40 yds before he tipped over. I walked up to him and all I saw was antlers sticking up...my knees about gave out. When I picked up his head I was absolutely amazed at what I had just done. Perfect shot double lunged him. I have been hunting since 91' (3rd season with a bow) and this is what I have been waiting for. I could go the rest of my deer hunting career and never shoot another trophy and I would be just fine with that. Hope you all enjoyed my story for I definetly enjoyed sharing it with you. I replay it all day everyday since it happened. I must be a junkie!!!!