Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buying New Bows.. what to choose?

Old 12-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Buying New Bows.. what to choose?

I am currently looking into buying a new bow.. I have 3 in mind the Matthews switchback, Bow Tech Allegiance, Hoyt Vectrix... My goal is to spend under $700 I believe these all fall into that price range.. Does anyone have any suggestions with these bows or maybe even other bows? Is there any negitives to any of the bows I have listed? I appreciate the Advice!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM

Default RE: Buying New Bows.. what to choose?

Go to your local pro shop.

Tell them your price range.

Shoot every bow they have available in that price range regardless if its on your list or not.

Choose the bow that fits you best/that you like best.

Enjoy.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Go to your local pro shop.

Tell them your price range.

Shoot every bow they have available in that price range regardless if its on your list or not.

Choose the bow that fits you best/that you like best.

Enjoy.
What Dan said...it has been said on here time and time again.
I have the Vectrix, and like it.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

dont forget arrows and accessories for the bow! if you spend 700 on a new bow you will easilysink another 300 in accessories..no sense in buying a brand new top of the line bow and putting cheap accessories on it or shooting with old outdated accessories...JMO though..my bow was 350$ bare....by the time i got it all set up and arrows etc i was closer to 700$..and i already want to update all the accessories because i bought middle of the road stuff and cheap arrows..

but everyones right..goto a good shop...shoot every bow in your price range THEN pick..base it on feel and how Y O U like it....you may like a 150$ PSE better then a 700+$ top of the line bow...sometimes that extra money isnt justified..exspecially when you dont have it to throw around or could spend it on other stuff....in the end its all upto Y O U..theres pretty much NO bow out there that isnt a decint shooter and wont make a good bow..some are slower, louder rougher etc than others...but sometimes that extra money isnt worth it...like in my case...my 350$ bow was a perfect starter bow...even still i rather upgrade the accessories rather than buy a new bow...i like my 350$ bow..
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Vectrix is 699, Switchback is like.....750, not sure of the bowtech..
Old 12-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Switchbacks are $640 here.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Switchbacks are $640 here.
Oh, well cool.. There ya go. They run more than that here, not sure why.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:24 PM

That you guys know of ... do any of the bows ( matthews, bowtect, hoyt) have an advantage over another?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 PM

Those are what I consider the Big 3, as far as manufacturers go right now.

Is any one better than the other? Not really. Bow manufacturers have this stuff down to a science, no matter which company you go with you're going to get quality equipment backed by an excellent warranty.

Its mainly a matter of personal preference, which is why I suggested shooting many different bows from as many manufacturers as you can.

I may shoot a Bowtech and love the way it feels and shoots, and you may pick it up and instantly dislike it. Is that a matter of quality? Nah, just preference.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

That you guys know of ... do any of the bows ( matthews, bowtect, hoyt) have an advantage over another?
Yes. One will fit you better than another.

The only thing I can say is I haven't seen a Mathews bow live up to it's IBO rating yet. Other than that, they are very high quality bows, as are the others you mention.

Quick Reply: Buying New Bows.. what to choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.