Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Offseason boredom

Old 12-19-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Offseason boredom

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I think we need someone to make threads about how they love to bait, shoot deer on canned hunts, participate in deer drives, and ask us where to find the gutshot"monster" buck theyshotand all the other great things we like to talk about
I was in my homemade stand today 25' up without a harness. My friends were driving the woods from the southern high fence to the north toward my baitpile when the monster 200" buck I paid for last week finally stepped out at 82 yards. I was borrowing my brothers bow which I shot fine last summer when he let me shoot it once at our family picnic. The only broadhead I had was dull with rust from hunting in the rain but since it was the only one I had I figured I'd shoot it anyway. The shot went a bit far back but hit him in the center of the body but we couldn't find him after looking for 1/2 hour. We found a little blood with some green stuff in it but no buck and those bastard outfitters still want to charge me for him!!![:@] What should I do?

(Disclaimer: Hunting is done for the year, it's dark, cold and snowing here in AK... don't take anything I type seriously as a reflection on anything or anyone for the next 4 months!!)
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offseason boredom

You forgot to mention you shot him after you first polished off 8 beers...
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd not punch my tag. He surely lived. You can hunt again, tomorrow!

You're probably practicing too much.

Jeff
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Jeff
Practice is for chumps.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAOWell done sir... good form.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go out on my ATV with a spotlight and get another one.... make that two. Never mind, I don't need the ATV. I'm just gonna cut the heads off and leave the rest to bait coyotes.[:-]
Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Jeff
Now that's funny!!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: kenman

You forgot to mention you shot him after you first polished off 8 beers...
Is that something exceptional that I needed to mention? I thought that was a given.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

LMAO @ KA!!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I think we need someone to make threads about how they love to bait, shoot deer on canned hunts, participate in deer drives, and ask us where to find the gutshot "monster" buck they shot and all the other great things we like to talk about
I was in my homemade stand today 25' up without a harness. My friends were driving the woods from the southern high fence to the north toward my baitpile when the monster 200" buck I paid for last week finally stepped out at 82 yards. I was borrowing my brothers bow which I shot fine last summer when he let me shoot it once at our family picnic. The only broadhead I had was dull with rust from hunting in the rain but since it was the only one I had I figured I'd shoot it anyway. The shot went a bit far back but hit him in the center of the body but we couldn't find him after looking for 1/2 hour. We found a little blood with some green stuff in it but no buck and those bastard outfitters still want to charge me for him!!![:@] What should I do?

(Disclaimer: Hunting is done for the year, it's dark, cold and snowing here in AK... don't take anything I type seriously as a reflection on anything or anyone for the next 4 months!!)
What should you do??? YOU SHOULD SUE THE S.O.B.!!!!

Quick Reply: Offseason boredom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.