Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Offseason boredom

Old 12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offseason boredom

GOOOD NEWS!!!! I found your deer, I think. But as I was guttin it with my sharpened stick, some guy comes up and pushes me down and takes my deer. DId your deer have a 38" spread? I was so mad, I got mud on my overalls and darn near swallowed my chew. (how many of you remember that post??)
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

GOOOD NEWS!!!! I found your deer, I think. But as I was guttin it with my sharpened stick, some guy comes up and pushes me down and takes my deer. DId your deer have a 38" spread? I was so mad, I got mud on my overalls and darn near swallowed my chew. (how many of you remember that post??)
Oh yes....the old indian trick of gutting a deer with a sharpened stick. Thats a classic.

I think we needa forum labeled " Hall of Fame Posts" added to the list.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:49 PM

I remember this one! It has to be the best that I have read todate! What ever happened to the kid that made the post? Is he still around?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is gunna be interesting
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean that post wasn't true? No wonder when I asked about that trick on the Res people looked at me all funny. I just wanted to learn how to do it!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dude I think you shot Mitch Rompala's Buck again[&:] Did he send you the molds, so you could make a set? Then you strapped on this deer and shot it. Man nobody has thought to do that before
Old 12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

This is just wrong isn't it?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I was in my homemade stand today 25' up without a harness. My friends were driving the woods from the southern high fence to the north toward my baitpile when the monster 200" buck I paid for last week finally stepped out at 82 yards. I was borrowing my brothers bow which I shot fine last summer when he let me shoot it once at our family picnic. The only broadhead I had was dull with rust from hunting in the rain but since it was the only one I had I figured I'd shoot it anyway. The shot went a bit far back but hit him in the center of the body but we couldn't find him after looking for 1/2 hour. We found a little blood with some green stuff in it but no buck and those bastard outfitters still want to charge me for him!!![:@] What should I do?
You are such a crack snotting spud. If ONLYyou would have waited for them to shut theGATE on that15 x15footpenthat they were trying tochase the buck in. You know... where you,your bait pile and stand was! [:@] I think they should charge you double for making them look bad!! So much for their 100% kill rate now!! Hunters like you give all of us a bad name!!

Tim

ps Did you remember to say hi to Jimmy for me when you were down there?? Now that boy knows how to hunt!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOLSome of this stuff comes a little to easy for some of you.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

For those of you wondering about the "guttin stick" kid. He went on to great things, he entered the relm of taxinet. You guys missed some great times there. He started his own supply co, taxidermy website and created a living legend of himself. I dare someone to go to taxinet and ask about Michael Rasmussen! Or better yet do a search of him there and be prepared to read, and make sure your wearing Depends cause you will pee yourself. His life here was short but on taxinet he's almost a legend.

Quick Reply: Offseason boredom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.