Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE

Old 12-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PSE

What do you guys think about pse and there bows?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 PM

Default RE: PSE

PSE= Parts Scattered Everywhere
Pull, Shoot, Explode

They've been around a long time, and it used to be if you didn't shoot a PSE you weren't SQUAT.....Times have changed, though, and they aren't what they used to be. Still decent bows, though, and good shooters.

I shot the Mach X recently, and didn't like it at all. Lots of vibration and hand shock.....But I will admit that's the only newer one I have any experience with.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea i shot a mach x and i hate that bow from them. But some of there other bows are good and they are not that much money. I like the baby G, it is a fast shoting bow and not much vibration.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have been nothing but a PSE shooter since I started hunting. Before the parellel limb design, PSE was up there with the best of them. For some reason, PSE has seemed to delay in moving forward with the innovation of their bows, so I think that is the reason why many are turning their backs on them. I still love the PSE's that I've shot and shoot, but I'm one of the ones who will be changing it up next season. I just ordered the new Guardian, so my PSE days are over.. for now.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot my dads old PSE Sidewinder, it is a good bow, but I'm sure when I go to upgrade this year to a Bowtech or Hoyt, I will feel like I'm in heaven
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's what I shoot. They don't do a lot of fancy advertising, so I guess they're not so trendy.

I've been hunting with the same bow since I started bowhunting 7 years and it works great for me. I guess in my older age I don't salivate every time a new name or a new gadget comes out on a bow. I tend to stick with what works.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

I bought the pse bruin in september, its my first bow so I dont have anything to compare it to. It suits me well, although it is a bit noisy. Im still trying to remidy that without any luck
Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I bought the pse bruin in september, its my first bow so I dont have anything to compare it to. It suits me well, although it is a bit noisy. Im still trying to remidy that without any luck
I shoot a Bruin too. The original string leeches do a good job but it got a whole lot quieter with a couple of Sims on the limbs and an S-coil stabilizer. While its not as quiet as a Hoyt or other high-end bows, it shoots fast enought that the deer never hear it until its too late!

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

PSE now makes a hush kit that resembles the ones found on the Bowtechs. I'm not sure how well it works, but might be something to try if your bows are continuing to be a little on the noisy side of things.

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?...58&u=01096
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have 2 PSE's and love em but I guess the best advice anyone could give is to goto a bow shop that has a decent selection and Will let you shoot the bow beofre you purchase it, and then choose from there tahst what I did I shot 7 differnet PSE's 3 MAathews and a few others soem of the pse shot great like the featherlite I bought and others shot like crap its a matter of how the bow fits you personally So just shot as many as you can and choose from there good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.