Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE

Old 12-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: PSE

I shot PSE for 25 years I guess. They were great bows, shot well and were pretty much problem free. PSE has the reputation as the KING of Customer Service. My only problem with PSE, and I have NO experience with their models for the past 8 or 9 years is that they were noisy. Every year I did something different to try and quiet them. Every little tweak helped, but they were still noisy. Can't tell you about the later year models. I mean I went from over draws, to longer arrows, to heavier arrows, to two piece quivers to you name it. Limb savers and cat whiskers were undoubtedly the best additions for sound. My old PSE SR 1000 is still my back up bow. It shoots great. Will I ever buy another. Probably not with what the competition has available right now.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE is a good company that makes quality equipment. I used to shoot PSE, then Hoyt, now Mathews. The only real reason was what I liked at the time. They are all good bows and all will kill deer perfectly when used perfectly. If you like them, there is no reason not to get one and enjoy the heck out of it.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

well this year pse has a cheaper parallel limb bow called the Brute!! CHeck it out!! Id ont know much about it but it is a step forward and with the new hush kits that may help solve the noise problem
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I put some of the stick-on dampners on the limbs. They are made by limbsaver and I have on the stabilizer made my limbsaver as well. I think I may need to try different limb dampners and a cable dampner.

Do you have a problem with your string dampners hitting your cable? my top one is and it is tearing the crap out of it. Is it normal or do I need to reposition it?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am sorry but I have never heard of this problem.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe PSE bows have put more entrys in the P&Y record books all time. Partly because they have been around so long. I've shared hunting camp with Pete and his son back in 01". The guys upstairs for PSE are some really good guys. PSE makes a great hunting bow, and has some rising stars in the competitive league also.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

PSE is a has been. Nuff said!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 AM

I shoot a PSE Stingray and like it. However I feel that Mathews and Bowtech have advanced in technology beyond PSE, looking to upgrade to either of the two.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

love mine. Currently own 3, of wich the mojo 3D is my fave. Had a poundage issue on a regular Mojo I purchased used right before season opened here, couldn't get to the 70#. Dealer checked the limb deflection and ordered a new set of limbs. PSE overnighted them to NY from Az. and I had the bow set up correctly in plenty of time.. no charge. Oh;... and the thing is a tackdriver.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

PSE has the greatest customer service and warranty program on the market run your Mathews and see if theyll replace the limbs for nothing, i doubt it. Beat a coon over the head with your pse and see what ya get....mach 10 turned into a mach 12....for nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.