Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all the deer i have taken (pics)

Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: all the deer i have taken (pics)

Well someone always has to find fault with some ones shot choice, picture or choice of animal. I find it very much a bunch of bull hockey. Killing an animal shouldn't be a politically correct deal. He came on here proud of his animal and the 2 of the first three responses criticized his picture.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

ya your right i just never really brought a camera with me so i just take them when i get to the house.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 PM

Congrats!

But one question. Does anyone still use a satellite dish that big?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

no he wasnt using it. that is my uncles house and when he bought the house it was there and he took it out in the summer.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: monsterbucks2011

ya your right i just never really brought a camera with me so i just take them when i get to the house.
Don't worry about it and I see you understand the intent that was given. Again, congrats, some people just have an agenda to discredit others, not you in this case. Fine animals for sure. With the response of the pictures, those that mean good intentions of having a photo you can hang on the wall. I see you know what was meant by that. Kudos youngster, I hope you have many success's in your life and don't forget to capture them as keepsakes. Take a look at the photos in the Bow Contest Score card. There is a difference if nothing more than for yourself and no one else. Ignore the rebelry.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

I tell you what, When I started deer hunting I had a couple of the old truck bed photo's. Since then I have been taking them out in the field where I have harvested the deer. For one, it does make a lot better photo. Two, if someone ask if I have a picture of my deer, I know which one I would rather show them
Thats just the way "I" prefer to remember my harvest,experience.

But I suppose people can remember their deer how they like.

By the way, Monsterbucks: Those are some nice deer you have there. That is a fantastic buck you got during ML. I think you mentioned about the taxidermy said someone has shot it across the nose.You said you got that buck in05. Did you get it mounted? If so I hope you will post it.

Congrats!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Site Buck Guru

Very nice deer! I too started out with "in the truck" photos. Then I started reading tips on it in the hunting mags. I always carry a camera. In the field photos seem to catch the excitement at its best. It is an art form and requires many shots. But with todays cameras you can delete the poor ones. A quality photo speaks volumns.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Well gee, everyone walks around with pictures of deer in their wallets and has them hanging on the walls.. I can't believe it. How nice.[8D]You want to see which of my 65 bucks from 1970 or 1974 or 2000..yada yada yad The only reason I take a picture of an animal is to send it to some friends to razz them. After that I hang the horns ups some where if I feel like it or if I don't feed them to the squirrels. I didn't know it was all about being proud of your kill by displaying the photo properly.[8D] I used to post pictures of killson here and was chastised for showing a heart with a hole in it, or questioning ashot selection that yielded a dead deer quickly. "Quote" Gross and offensive(on a hunting site no less)That from people in charge mind you. I could say I find a deer hanging on a wall of sheetrock highly offensive and unnatural too, but folks that are telling youNO on the truck do it every day. Somewhere along the way the hunting communitygot siidetracked with this politically correct crap and try to force feed it to everyone.The bed of a truck is no more "Un-Proud" than a Wall of Sheetrock or worse yet, the side of a barn for MachoDisplay.[8D] Call me crazy, but you know I'm right. What I'm saying, is why does everyone feel a deperate need to inforce their preferences on someone down to the simple act of displaying a picture of a dead deer. Why can't someone post a picture without someone else deciding it was done wrong. And people call me crotchetty. Go figure?[8D]
Old 12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice deer .. good photo's as well.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Start in the world of hunting young man. very good looking Deer and i bet little Bro cant wait to get out there.
Dan

Quick Reply: all the deer i have taken (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.