Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me be a good uncle Updated

Old 12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me be a good uncle

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I vote on the life lesson. Kids today don't get it.
i'd actually agree with ya.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leave him.

Give him a brief explaination. When you get back you can give him a more detailed explaination going beyondhunting. How he shouldn't have to be told 3 times to do things. How priorites should be lined up. How what needs to be done always comes before what you want to do ("needs" before "wants").

Maybe just forget about hunting with him for awhile until he initiates it. See where it lies in his mind.

Let him know you were counting on him. How you wanted him to be there. How you were looking forward to it, etc.

And at 13 maybe a little talk about some other wild game? Birds & the bees?

But above all - let him know regardless that you still love him and that's the reason behind leaving him and the talk. Start the talk with "Because I love ya and care about ya......" and end it with the same.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Uncle Matt and everyone else. I am the main male figure in this kids life. I am leaving him at home this time. The decision is made. This type of behavior is pretty common so its lesson time. I will explain in detail why and will talk to him in depth, Thank you guys for your input.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:31 PM

I agree.

Had I done this on a trip with my dad, I'd be stuck in camp the entire time. Sometimes we need to be taught a lesson the hard way.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take him hunting, and while your out there, it would be a good time to explain to him what responsability is.
Dan
Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

This scenario is a tough call.Good reasons to go either way with it.I hope the decision that you made ends up having him be more considerate and responsible.Given that you were looking for input from folks here,it would be obvious that you really are trying to do the best thing.I amsure with your interaction with him that will come through. I hope it works out well!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take him hunting, and while your out there, it would be a good time to explain to him what responsability is.
Dan
My thoughts exactly!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Banned

Let his BS slide and take him hunting; he might get addicted to it and you may just have a great hunting buddy for life.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:31 PM

Bing bing! We have a winner! Some people call it forgetfull, I call it lazy, irresponsible anddownright rude. If he's not gonna do his part, why do your part?? Leave him at home and he can help skin em when you get back.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Time for some tough love , try to teach him a lesson and tell him why .

Quick Reply: Help me be a good uncle Updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.