Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally got to shoot the gaurdian!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Finally got to shoot the gaurdian!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there is another post on here somewhere but I decided to make my own. I finally shot the gaurdian, after reading the last thread about this thing I was a little worried about vane to cable clearance. I shot several times with a .340 SS and blazers, it was close but there was really not problem. I think the Tribute and the Gaurdian are in close running for performance. The gaurdian is much quieter, and feels to be a little heavier after set-up. Anyway with all of that being said I decided to go ahead and order the gaurdian, probably more for appearance since they shoot (in my oppinion) equaly well. I have to say that the first release shocked me a little since the bow was so quiet and fast. I heard the arrow hit the target before by brain registered the release, I couldn't even hear the bow. As far as hand shock and vibration, there might be a little more with the gaurdian but not enough to tell. As far as the loudness of the release, I heard a fine tuned Tribute that shot as quiet or quieter than the Gaurdian. The bow feels great in your hand, it's very well balanced. Sorry for the lengthy post but I had to give my evaluation and let everyone know I have one on the way.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finally got to shoot the gaurdian!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post... I think we're beginning to get to the point where we can do what Rush Limbaugh did years ago, and save the reader (caller, in his case) time by just having them say "Ditto"...
Old 12-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Great post... I think we're beginning to get to the point where we can do what Rush Limbaugh did years ago, and save the reader (caller, in his case) time by just having them say "Ditto"...
Greg, that'd be "Mega Dittos".
Old 12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the alegance this year,then bought my two sons one too! There great.Enjoy!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, if it shoots nearly the same as the Tribute than what has the new design gained us? I was really hoping for a revolutionary break thru.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 AM

I agree with you also motown, but that is just one persons opinion. If you shot it, you make think it is alot better than the tribute.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-17-2006, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Honestly, if it shoots nearly the same as the Tribute than what has the new design gained us? I was really hoping for a revolutionary break thru.
Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't get much difference between the guardian and tribute from his review..........he even mentioned the guardian felt heavier and possibly had more hand shock.

I will reserve judgement until after I shoot it of course but it is starting to sound like the same old same old to me.........everyone talking it up as a silent, speed demon with no hand shock............my biggest issue with that is it comes from the same people that said the same thing about the new bow they bought last year.

People have been gushing the same praise on the new Bowtechs year after year ever since the days of the Liberty and Justice........yet every year when I go shoot the new lines side by side with my Patriot the differences are minimal and nothing I would consider a significant upgrade.

The allegiance and equalizer were as close as I have ever come to considering last year but then I put them through the chrono and they were 5-7fps faster then my patriot........pffffffft.......right back on the shelf.

It's funny how if you stick around here long enough you will see guys post bow reviews year after year........saying this bow is totally silent and has no hand shock. Then next year they say this new bow is quieter and has less hand shock then my (last years model)........Less then none?? Then next years model has even less then that

I understand how people get excited over new stuff.......it wasn't too long ago that EVERYONE was blabbing on and on about ASAT as the "must have" camo...........this year I hardly remember anyone even mentioning them. This years flavor seems to be enigma.........who knows what next year will bring.

I will do what I always do.........take my patriot to the shop and shoot the new lines side by side. Whichever bow wins comes home with me. The patriot hasn't lost yet.

If these bows are as great as everyone says they are then why do they keep getting rid of them after one year?? IMO the true measure of a great product is one you wouldn't give up for anything once you get your hands on it............my Remington 870 has been killing deer for 19 years and performs just as well today as it did out of the box. Now THAT is a great product.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ash2042

I agree with you also motown, but that is just one persons opinion. If you shot it, you make think it is alot better than the tribute.[align=left] [/align]
I didn't even like the tribute..........at all. It was heavy and easily slower then the allegiance and equalizer at equal setups. I can't understand why anyone would have bought a tribut when the allegiance was an option.

Just putting that out there...........I agree with your post 100%. Opinions vary and people come from all sorts of different starting points.

If you are shooting a PSE Nova right now and you go shoot a Bowtech you will think you died and went to heaven..........if you already shoot a Bowtech then you may be less impressed only because you have been in heaven for awhile now

Trade in a beat up cavalier for a corvette and you will need surgery to remove your smile..............trade in a year old corvette for a new corvette and the feeling is not the same.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok I am going to agree with Atlas, I am going to buy new bow. The difference in High end bows last 8 years is so slight I know I can not tell.

Comes down to feel, if it feels good, I bet you will shoot it good!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too will have to agree with Atlas. I've been shooting the same bow for the last 3 seasons.. including 2006. I've tried many new bows, but just don't notice a huge difference.

I am confident in my bow, and who knows, maybe I'll bring it back into the woods for a 4th season.

Quick Reply: Finally got to shoot the gaurdian!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.