Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This cant be good

Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This cant be good

Drove all the way down south for a weeklong bowhunting trip only to find I FORGOT THE KEYS TO THE CAMPER!! TWICE!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have forgot my release in my truck a couple of times after I just get settled into stand. Had to walk all the way back to get it![:@]
Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Happened to my husband, first week of bowhunting season. It was funny as heck. He had just joined the bow club here and a few guys had invited him to hunt with them. He was really excited, but in a really big hurry! He has had that happen when he was coon hunting too, but out of the 5 guys, NO ONE had a weapon, so he didn't catch any grief for it.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I once hiked about a half mile through snow with a stand and climbing sticks, bow to find I had forgotten my arrows! I have to take my quiver off for it to fit in my case. I put the quiver in the back of my SUV, not in the case.

When I was in College a buddy and I drove three hours to Duck Hunt. When we got to the spot he realized he forgot his gun. That is a whole nother story with a long night as the excuse.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story man! But why in the world would you drive that far for some squirrels?
ORIGINAL: mauser06

i drove 10 minutes to squirrel hunt there...before going i grabbed a black hard plastic rifle case...cracked it enough to get a look at the gun...yep the 22...had 22 ammo in the hunting vest...got there...cracked open the case...wtf...i ended up with my 308 lever action...i was supposed to have a 22 bolt action..hmm..drove home grabbed the right gun and went back and limited out...id be kinda upset if i went 6hrs and forgot something as major as my weapon!!
Old 12-16-2006, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: SRBowman

Great story man! But why in the world would you drive that far for some squirrels?
ORIGINAL: mauser06

i drove 10 minutes to squirrel hunt there...before going i grabbed a black hard plastic rifle case...cracked it enough to get a look at the gun...yep the 22...had 22 ammo in the hunting vest...got there...cracked open the case...wtf...i ended up with my 308 lever action...i was supposed to have a 22 bolt action..hmm..drove home grabbed the right gun and went back and limited out...id be kinda upset if i went 6hrs and forgot something as major as my weapon!!
lol I dont think 10 minutes is that far!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:06 AM

I have forgotten my release before, good thing I have a back up in my pack.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I leave my bow in the pickup all the time. It's a supercab and it just lays on the back seat. It's the last thing I grab on the way to the stand and the first thing put away when I get back. Once, though, I had it in the house for some reason and got all the way to my hunting spot before I missed it. It's only 8 miles, though. Once this year I started walking to my stand and got a couple of blocks before I realized I didn't have my bow.