Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trend; new boughhunters on the forim that can't spel?!?

Old 12-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trend; new boughhunters on the forim that can't spel?!?

ORIGINAL: petasux

My biggest annoyance would have to coming into a bowhunting room and finding a post on grammar and spelling.Im sure people come here to get critiqued on thier use of the English language and not discuss hunting related topics. He wasn't complaining about people who honestly have poor spelling or grammer skills, he was just noticing that some posters are quite obviously pretending to be bad at it.

Thier, there, they're,see, saw seen, then, than, who cares?

For anyone who might have noticed the M on my keyboard sometimes sticks and doesnt work.I sincerely hope this wont affect my getting a deer next week.
This thread ISN'T supposed to be about bad grammar and spelling, it's a about posters who are PRETENDING to be bad spellers. Maybe we need a thread about poor reading skills though because only one or two people here actually responded to what hardcorehunter was asking about.

Here's the oringinal post...
ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Is it just me or are we being bombarded with new members that also "pretend" to not know how to spell? May-B eye m just havng mushrum phlashbackkkkkkkkkks!!! Kud sum 1 tale me how to hunt rebbits frum a climbng stand as i hav seen guys on videeo faall aa keel themcelves??
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

That would be me! I can't spell Carp! I did get anA in all math, even the ones I can't spell. Last I.Q. test I took, said I scored 138, even with bad spelling!Thats not to bad a score for someone that got their ( is that the right "their") diplomafrom Kubasocki High school in Okinawa Japan while serving in the Core. Not Once Has anyone given me a spelling test befor thay asked me to teach them to be a World class Archer, or to work on their equipment for them. When a well Known Bowhunter was in the process of writing a bookon Whitetail Deer behavior (Back befor some of you were born)He didn't ask me to spell "Saliva"when he wanted to know the importance of it on rubs, and licking branches for his Book! I did not know a bunch of bowhunters,some of who look like thay would kill you, and then eat you, would take my miss spelled words, and poor grammer so personal! I will try and do better from now on. Mabe tomorrow we can have Rob put on a spelling Bee so you all can show your stuff!! I bet a Girl wins!
I'm kind of with you. For me it's content over spelling. There is a time when it bothers me and that's when someone is trying to communicate something and not getting it across because they are not spelling a key word right. Their frustration bothers me because I've been there.

I do believe there are people who come here that deliberately misspell. There was one anti on hear, and I don't know if they've been back, that as one person ridiculed any and all grammar mistakes and at the same time under other names exaggerated greatly those that struggle in order to make fun of them. I knew of them under 4 names. Some on here were treated very poorly by this person while at the same time very friendly with them under another name. It was kind of funny to watch. I do believe it was a woman who worked on a preserve between the Ma. and Me. border taking care of the grounds. Came on here showing all kinds of racks. 2 of there names were moosehornhunter and moosehornhuntergal. As the hunter they were mostly hated. As the gal the same peopleā€¦
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

My biggest annoyance would have to coming into a bowhunting room and finding a post on grammar and spelling.Im sure people come here to get critiqued on thier use of the English language and not discuss hunting related topics. He wasn't complaining about people who honestly have poor spelling or grammer skills, he was just noticing that some posters are quite obviously pretending to be bad at it.

For anyone who might have noticed the M on my keyboard sometimes sticks and doesnt work.I sincerely hope this wont affect my getting a deer next week.
This thread ISN'T supposed to be about bad grammar and spelling, it's a about posters who are PRETENDING to be bad spellers. Maybe we need a thread about poor reading skills though because only one or two people here actually responded to what hardcorehunter was asking about.

Is it just me or are we being bombarded with new members that also "pretend" to not know how to spell? May-B eye m just havng mushrum phlashbackkkkkkkkkks!!! Kud sum 1 tale me how to hunt rebbits frum a climbng stand as i hav seen guys on videeo faall aa keel themcelves??
Thank you Sylvan; exactly!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since this is suppose to be a forum about bow hunting, why not have all the irrelavant posts deleted, like this one!!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Hey Sylvan, we actually agree on something! [8D]
Old 12-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Hey Sylvan, we actually agree on something! [8D]
LOL, miracles never cease! You never know, maybe that blue moon will come around again soon! LOL...

Old 12-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Howler

Since this is suppose to be a forum about bow hunting, why not have all the irrelavant posts deleted, like this one!!
Geesh, we have to have fun every once in a while. There's always one ruining it for the rest of us...locked because of Howler. [8D]