Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trend; new boughhunters on the forim that can't spel?!?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trend; new boughhunters on the forim that can't spel?!?

do you knows whet else brothers me? I cant stand when peeple refer too antlers as horns? Horns and antlers r 2 different things!!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey IBM

You still working on putting some horns on the ground this year?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

do you knows whet else brothers me? I cant stand when peeple refer too antlers as horns? Horns and antlers r 2 different things!!
Whats even worse is when you're talking to someone who doesn't hunt and they askyou if you "caught anything" the last time you went out. [&:]
Old 12-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

This coold bee the wurst poist eye ever red! I cant beeleave i just even reesponded two it!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Site Bouncer

Well......

I tend to overlook it as long as I can understand what it is they are trying to say.When I can't understandwhat they are writingis when it gets frustrating. Hell, I'm a college graduate and spelling was not a strong point of mine so I understand, but come on there is a thing called a dictionary. There has been times I'm sure I spelled something wrong either by mistake (typo) or I just flat out spelled the word incorrectly. I'm not perfectso I don'tbring it up everytime I read misspelled words. But there are some here thatspell so bad I'm like this--->trying to read their posts!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be me! I can't spell Carp! I did get anA in all math, even the ones I can't spell. Last I.Q. test I took, said I scored 138, even with bad spelling!Thats not to bad a score for someone that got their ( is that the right "their") diplomafrom Kubasocki High school in Okinawa Japan while serving in the Core. Not Once Has anyone given me a spelling test befor thay asked me to teach them to be a World class Archer, or to work on their equipment for them. When a well Known Bowhunter was in the process of writing a bookon Whitetail Deer behavior (Back befor some of you were born)He didn't ask me to spell "Saliva"when he wanted to know the importance of it on rubs, and licking branches for his Book! I did not know a bunch of bowhunters,some of who look like thay would kill you, and then eat you, would take my miss spelled words, and poor grammer so personal! I will try and do better from now on. Mabe tomorrow we can have Rob put on a spelling Bee so you all can show your stuff!! I bet a Girl wins!
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sliver...it's I before E except after C. THIER
How about the words THEN and THAN. That is my pet peeve.

There was something els....A typo is when you hit the key next to one you meant to hit. Take the word bowhunterd That could be a typo because the D is next to the S but bohunters or bowhunners is not a typo.

I usually will proofread what I type, but not always. But then again I have plenty of time for it because I am not trying to read and reply to every single post, like some people do.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

thundermug, you made time to answer this post? Not only did you miss the entire point of my post, On top of that, you tried to give me some bad scoop! So get your Websters out and look upMy their, and then see if you can find Your thier in there!Now I said I could not spell well, so that should cover me, But you better edit your post befor everyone gets on here in the morning and starts making fun of you!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

How about the missuse of the words "see, saw, & seen"? I seen a buck last night. Just drives me crazy when people say that. Then again, my wife always tells me it's a short drive...
Old 12-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Is it just me or are we being bombarded with new members that also "pretend" to not know how to spell? May-B eye m just havng mushrum phlashbackkkkkkkkkks!!! Kud sum 1 tale me how to hunt rebbits frum a climbng stand as i hav seen guys on videeo faall aa keel themcelves??
I've noticed it too. My bet is that it's just somebody who want's to hide their true identity (whatever that means on an internet forum) and say something they don't wantassociated with the username they normally use. They don't want to risk someonerecognizing their style of writing and figure out who it is so they attempt to camoflage it with bad grammar and mispelled words.

I suppose another possibility is that it isn't faked at all but english isn't their first language.

Some are soooooo bad! I really hate to entertain the possibilty that they are truly that ignorant. Got to be faked!

Quick Reply: Trend; new boughhunters on the forim that can't spel?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.