Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ladies archery?

Old 12-15-2006, 07:10 AM

Default ladies archery?

hey guys I am in the process of buying a bow for my girlfriend, she is gonna be hunting with it and our min. draw wight for hunting is 45# now she isnt a die hard but likes getting out earlier in the season, so I dont wanna spend a fortune yet, whats a good bow for her, I wanna keep the bare bow price bellow 220, here are a few I looked at
fred bear odyssey
parker challenger
high country ranger
Browning micro adrenaline
I have no idea so any help would be great aswell if there is a place online I could get one better still my buddy used to own a proshop so we can set her up here..
Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Default RE: ladies archery?

My wife shoots the Browning and LOVES it.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Sounds like ou are going to get a lot of I know this person and they shoot this bow and love it. My wife has a Bear Odyssey and she loves it. Do what I did take her with you one day to the shop and let her try them she which one she is paticular with and get it for her.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:10 AM

just some help or guidence better yet if I should stay away from certain models the high country ranger seems like I nice bow..
Old 12-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

PSE also makes some package deals that wont break the bank.....my only suggestion is to make sure she picks it out so that she is happy with it. Take her to a pro shop and let her try out a few, see what she feels comfertable with.

I wish I could get my girl to hunt
Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 PM

I sent you a pm
Old 12-16-2006, 07:09 AM

From a womans side here...you really should let her go somewhere and check them out herself. Handle them, and see what feels good to her. My husband bought me one last year. It was horrendous. I was completly frustrated. Actually, I can on here, got some other views, and proceeded to head for the bow shop and picked out my own. I ended up with a Hoyt ( I know this wasn't on your list) but, this bow felt good to me, and should last a long time without having to upgrade to get the job done. The weight would back down enough for me get used to it, and be high enough to be legal for hunting.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:29 AM

Hoyt Selena...I believe it also comes in pink...