Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow set up's!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow set up's!

What kind of arrow set up should I go with? I was thinkin Beman ICS hunter 400's with Blazer vanes, arrow wraps, and lumenoks, I haven't decided on a broadhead but I think I might stay with the muzzy 100gr. 3 blade, what do you think?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow set up's!

By the way I shoot a Fred Bear Element, at a 29 inch draw, set at 60#'s, wisker buiscut
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Typical Buck

Im not sure about the arrow setup, but how do you like the Element? is it the '06 model? I'll be lookin to get a new bow during xmas break and that was one on my list. Thanks for any insight on that bow.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutly love my bow! It is the '06 model, and I don't think I could have made a better choice. Sure there are better bows out there but for the money I got a bow that is capable of shooting over 300fps, is light weight, very smooth shooting and with a few dampners and a stabilizer is very quiet! I am not a salesman either if your thinkin that, but I wanted a bow that would also last me a couple years and make a great back-up when I decide to go a little nicer. The only things that I added to my bow was a Carolina Archery wisker Buiscut, stabilizer, dampners, oh and a detachable quiver. I think the total price with the bow and accessories came to just over $450.00, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
ORIGINAL: Schobs

Im not sure about the arrow setup, but how do you like the Element? is it the '06 model? I'll be lookin to get a new bow during xmas break and that was one on my list. Thanks for any insight on that bow.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow you guys are becoming less help when it comes to questions!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:25 AM

Yeah, we tend to get off topic around here sometimes......[8D]

To answer your question specifically, excellent choices all around. Spine will be good, good arrows, good vanes and good broadheads. Our ofa well tuned bow, you'll be spot on.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 AM

well i shoot the diamond rapture the arrows i use is the redhead 350 carbon blazer wrap 2 inch vains they are fast an worth the money they are only 79.99 for a dozen so that isnt bad they fly fast an true an im shooting the 100grain 3 blade muzzys with them nice true set up if u ask me well good luck on finding a set .
Old 12-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SRBowman

What kind of arrow set up should I go with? I was thinkin Beman ICS hunter 400's with Blazer vanes, arrow wraps, and lumenoks, I haven't decided on a broadhead but I think I might stay with the muzzy 100gr. 3 blade, what do you think?
Perfect.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks alot guys, I just wanted to make sure I had the right idea!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I just got those arrows and the blazer vanes last week and love them. Both my 100gr Thunderheads and field tips shoot the same.