Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lock on our climber

Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lock on our climber

I have lock ons, climbers , and ladder stand. I like all of them but i like my lock on best. 90% of the time on the movies they are using lock ons. Know the question is which on do you all like the best becuase i like the lock on for the simple fact that there is not rails, it makes no nice when you have to stand up, takes not time to put it up and it weigts nothing.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lock on our climber

"I have loc- on's, climbers , and a ladder stand. I like all of them butI like my loc- on best. 90% of the timewatching movies they are using loc- on's.NOW the question is, which one do you all like the best?I like the lock- on for the simple fact that thereare no rails, it makes no noise when you stand up. Ittakes no time to put it up and it weighs nothing. "

I Like them all. Each stand has it's own benefit. The climber is mobile, the loc-on's are like you said virtually noise free. The ladder stands are perfect when you have limited trees around and you can prop it up in the V of just about any tree. Each one has it's own value. Chris
Old 12-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite lock-on is the baby grand
Old 12-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Spike

I like climers best because I bow hunt and I like portabilty.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like climbers but i think that they make to mush noice when getting up in them in the mournings, that could take the chance of a big deer away from you. I have not scared deer yet getting up in one but there is a chance. Pllus you have to worry about slipping in them and the whole thing falling down. I have never fell out of mine but my dad has. He did not get hurt but there is a chance he could have.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't use climbers because there are no trees they will work on. Not tall enough and too many limbs. I use lock-ons and I leave some of them up year around. I have some other home-made ones made out of a chair on a platform that stay up permanently. I'm thinking about building a couple of ladder stands this winter to put up permanently.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like ladders but they weight to much for me. I like lock ons becuase i can just take the ladders with me and leave the stand still locked on to the tree. The ladders take no time to put up and they are light weight.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ladder stands, climbers, and now tri-pods for me. I like the ease and quietness of a ladder stand. You can sneak up one quiet as a mouse and be ready to hunt in literally 30 seconds. Climber obviously for mobility.
I bought a tri-pod this year and love hunting out of that. Perfect for those spots that don't have a tree in sight to climb or hang something. It can be a bear to put up and conceal, but if done properly can really pay off! I have one in the middle of a batch of thickets that you can't see unless you just about bump into it. The only thing cut is around the ladder and shooting lanes.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know about tripods becasue here in kentucky we almost always have trees. But you have a point on the others.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:58 AM

I always use a climber. The main reason is I don't want to leave a lock on out where I know it will get ripped off. If I had my own land I would probably stick with lock ons.