Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a Guardian

Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot a Guardian

Well I finally shot the Guardian! I actually liked the looks in person. It is as smooth as advertised and as quiet as a bow gets. The nicest bow I have ever shot period. I am in no rush to get rid of my Tribute at all, but I will say this. Over all the Guardian is a nicer shooting bow. The only complaint I have is vane clearance involving the cables. Blazers are out of the question. An offset cable guard would have helped in this area. Even regular vanes are pretty close. That aside, Bowtech out did themselves on this bow!

Shane
Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM

Default RE: Shot a Guardian

The only complaint I have is vane clearance involving the cables. Blazers are out of the question. An offset cable guard would have helped in this area. Even regular vanes are pretty close.
That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.......You sure it was set up correctly? I can't imagine a company such as Bowtech not allowing enough vane clearance......
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 PM

That doesn't seem right to me either.

A company like Bowtech knows what is popular in the industry, which blazers are quickly becomming. I doubt they would sell a bow that wouldn't allow one of the popular products not to be used.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not necessarily true guys. My 05 Allegiance has some definite issues with centershot as well as fletching clearance. These were later addressed on the 06 bows but it didn't stop the first model from having them. The same could very well hold true for the Guardian.

In any case, I can't wait to shoot one.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the design looks cool. Guys. how could such a simple issue be overlooked?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Not necessarily true guys. My 05 Allegiance has some definite issues with centershot as well as fletching clearance. These were later addressed on the 06 bows but it didn't stop the first model from having them. The same could very well hold true for the Guardian.

In any case, I can't wait to shoot one.
Wouldn't you think though that because of the issue with the 05 Allegiance that it would be an issue taken care of with every model afterwards?

I'm with you though, I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sr77

Well I finally shot the Guardian! I actually liked the looks in person. It is as smooth as advertised and as quiet as a bow gets. The nicest bow I have ever shot period. I am in no rush to get rid of my Tribute at all, but I will say this. Over all the Guardian is a nicer shooting bow. The only complaint I have is vane clearance involving the cables. Blazers are out of the question. An offset cable guard would have helped in this area. Even regular vanes are pretty close. That aside, Bowtech out did themselves on this bow!

Shane
you know what we're automatically friends.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM

That's what I'm sayin...I just don't think something that basic could be overlooked, ESPECIALLY since they've had that problem before that's now been fixed..
Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, they need to learn to dot their I's and cross their T's. I think the new concept might just have something but come on, if i can't shoot my blazers. I'm just asking.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't shot the Guardian yet (damn left-handed curse) but I drew one. I love the bow and the design, but the draw cycle is not enough to get me to replace my 05 Allegiance. I also drew an 07 Allegiance with the smooth cam modules and that was more attractive to me than the Guardian. I am sure it is a great shooting bow, but I need more convincing to move up.

Oh, and I don't have any issues with my centershot or shooting Blazers with my Allegiance. It's close, but I get no interference. The Guardian looked to be about the same, but I can't say for sure since I didn't shoot it. Just my $.02.

Quick Reply: Shot a Guardian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.