Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Storing/ maintaining hunting clothes.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Storing/ maintaining hunting clothes.

Hunters Specialties make these scent waffers. They have pine,earth,apple, and some others. I usually am up in a pine tree so I use the Pine scent waffers.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Those plastic totes are great for storing everything from Christmas decorations, to summer/winter clothes, to hunting duds.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM

I close my camo and freshly activated Scent Lok suit in a dry bag rinsed with Scent Shield spray.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 PM

I heard of using the new lrg ziplock storeage bags. First spray them with scent killer seal and store. This is what I'm going to try this yr. Will follow up when the season opens next yr.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Site Bouncer

I keep all of my hunting close in a rubbermaid cabinet in the back room of my basement.My hunting jackets are on a coat rodunder the stairs in the same back room,right next to all of my other stuff.My wife has been known towash them with the rest of my clothes and evenuse "snuggle" fabric softner too. (smells nice)During the hunting season I leave my harness and outer layers in the back seat of my truck. My gloves, mask and other small hunting gear go in my bow case with my bow....in my basement.

IMHO this scent thing is taken WAY too far......But if it gives you the confidence then I say go for it!

Old 12-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Hunter's Specialties makes these giant ziplock bags. I use those and then put some Fresh Earth wafers in the bags. Works well.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I also use the the big plastic totes and the plastic bag method. I use these really heavy duty bags that I get from work. We use them to put metal parts that are treated with oil in bins and totes so they don't leak out the oil. They are really nice bags. I also throw a sheet of VCI paper ( it is used in to absorb moisture to keep parts in boxes from rusting in the boxes while in storage) just in case any moisture gets in the tote. I also throw a few Fresh earth wafers in each bag. I have been doing this for years and it works great.