Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WI hunters kill wolves

Old 12-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default WI hunters kill wolves

I was watching the news this morning and the WDNR has reported that 9 wolves have been shot by WI hunters during the deer season. Any feelings on this? I have heard a rumor and I say rumor that there were a breading pair released not 5 miles from my hunting land during the gun season. I hope it is a rumor but then again I wonder if I would even notice?
Old 12-14-2006, 09:54 AM

Default RE: WI hunters kill wolves

I saw two wolves during bow season while hunting with a friend on his land. They are pretty rare here in Oklahoma, but they were definately wolves.I don't know what I would have done if they would have gotten real close, but I don't know that I would have killed one, since they are on the endangered species list.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like on SouthPark... "He's comin' right for us!!!"
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM

Talk to any hunters where the wolves have taken a foothold, & they will tell u that the deer pop. is definetly affected by them. I personnally think it was a mistake reintroducing them. They are predators & have no enemies except humans. They will continually grow in numbers. There even is talk now of a season for them out west.Wyoming is tryingto get wolves delistedoff the endangered list.What purposedo they serve? I've also heard ofanimals killed by wolves for the sake of the kill.Not for food. In Wi. we have enough to deal w/ the constantlychanging multiple area regulations & CWD, let alone the wolf problem. Any one up north have a run in or deer hunting dexrease due to them?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Spike

We have a pack of wolves that roams our hunting land. My brothers has watched them hunt as a pack out in some tall grass by his stand once. ( kinda cool to watch) I think it was 5 but I would have to ask him again how many there were. The only way they have affected out hunting is now we have a hard time letting a deer lay over night if it is a marginal shot. Even if it is the right thing to do. Here is what they did to my brothers buck he shot this year. It was a low shot, probably one lung, so we let him lay over night.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Spike

ok here is the picture.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the deer was dead when they found it since the neck isn't chomped on.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

SOMEONE NEEDS to do it.... Wether it be the DNR, or the hunters.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 AM

What's the law in WI?? I thought wolvesare a protected species but I could be wrong..

laxdad
Old 12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are protected in Wis. There are alot more than people think. I have a picture of one from my trail cam.

Quick Reply: WI hunters kill wolves

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.