Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What made you become a bowhunter.......

Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default What made you become a bowhunter.......

For some reason I got to thinking today, Why did I start hunting? Nobody in my family hunted, I really never had any influence from relatives,All I can recall is that I was always in the woods when I was younger. My parents told me everytime we drove past a roadkill deer I would freak out in the backseat. Was anyone else like that.......or did a family member or friend introduce you to the outdoors?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What made you become a bowhunter.......

I was searching for something new to do and a buddy of mine got me into it. I wish he wouldn't have!!!! I would have a lot more $$, my wife would be happier with me and I would have a lot more time on my hands. LOL!!
Nontypical Buck

To be with family, and the thrill of taking god's creation. You can't beat bow hunting, being so close to them animal.

Its what I was born to do.

My dad introduced me to it, but it quickly went from asimplehobbyto a way of life. I live to bowhunt.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Well, we grew up in Montana hunting Elk, mully's and other game. But my old man never bowhunted. When we moved to Wisconsin we started hunting whitetails alot more and I just wanted more of a challenge after shooting my first deer with a shotgun when I was 12. I asked for a bow for xmas and I got one. Ever since then I have pretty much been hooked. I was pretty disgruntled with bowseason's because I didn't shoot a deer untill I was 16 with my bow. The first year I missed a Monster at 20 yards and I told myself that I will alway's bowhunt after that day. I think that day is what sold me on bowhunting. I just love it, it is basically my life, every chance I get to get into the woods to scout, look for sheds, retreive pics from the trail cam, or hunting I go. There isn'ta better feeling then being in the woods.

Dan
Old 12-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was born into it i didnt hunt until i was 6 but from then on i can twait to get home ang=d go again and you can beat the woods
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM

I was born a sole gun hunter and considering I love hunting so much I had to do more so I took up bow, its like 2 and a half months more of hunting, worked for me
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM

THE RUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one in my family did either. Gun hunting went for 9 days and archery goes for 105. You do the math.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:35 PM

i saw deer in my backyard and coulnt shoot them with a gun. haha good reson huh?

Quick Reply: What made you become a bowhunter.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.