Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tree stands

Old 12-13-2006, 03:13 PM

Default tree stands

i need help picking out a tree stand i am looking for a hang on stand not a climber i dont want a real expensive one becouse i am gonna ask my mom and dad for christmas
Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree stands

not sure of your budget but look at the gorillas
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can get a good Gorilla stand for about $79.00 or a RiversEdge for $39.00 .
Look around , shop and compair you might want to check the classified section on ths site.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I second RDHunter. I have a Gorilla that I love. Irecently purchased a Rivers Edge out of convenience (Dicks does not sell Gorillas) and have grown tolove that as well. I like the quality of the Gorilla but like the size of theplatformoftheRivers Edge. IMO you cannot gowrong with either.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything, and I don't know your situation. But with the sales going on now in late season I would ask for a climber if it is possible they will get it for you. This will give you a more flexible hunting scenario. And the gorillas are cheap at walmart right now. I have one of the aluminum ones with the net seat and I love it. It folds almost completely flat, it is light, and it is easy and quiet to climb with. The one they sell at the walmart here is just like the one I use except it is steel. Just my $0.02
Old 12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I use both of those brands.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:54 PM

I'll agree, the Gorilla stands are excellent. They are well made, comfortable to sit in and are cheap.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 PM

I have all walmart brand stands from last year the Hunters View and love them. I have also seen the new gorillas at Kmart and walmart. I have heard good things about the gorillas but that expitition Hunter form them is a death trap that thing is tiny I bet my feet would hardly fit on it Size 11 I like the hunters view but I believe I am geting the catalac of hang ons a Lone Wolf for christmas.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several gorilla tree stands and love them and they are very reasonable. As a side note - this time of year I have had luck going to the sporting goods store and asking for a better price if I buy a couple...