Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are they here? (peta)

Old 12-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are they here? (peta)

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I'd hate to think what would happen if they ever showed up and harrassed the group I hunt with. Heck we knock the crap out of each other after a few beers. My one bud we call Crazy Keith would go insane. You can look at him wrong and he's ready to fight.
MO, as much fun as that would be, that's what they want, you'd be playing into their hands and they would win behind the law. Keep your calm and baffle them with brilliance, I have faith in you that way.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM

I love animals......their delicious.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I love animals......their delicious.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do like soy burgers once in a while but of course I top them off with some greasy old bacon.I guess they have a right to their freedom of speech just not when they are talking to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know I’ve been given a hard time about, well, giving people a hard time when it comes to the “shot one, now what” threads. That is the reason why I’m pretty sure they are here, and not just surfing and reading. It is my opinion that they could and probably do act as hunters and make claims and statements that hurt our cause. I could be wrong and I’ve been told I’m paranoid, (just today actually in the “general” hunting area. Real great posts going on over there) but think about it. Getting us to argue, point our each others faults, turn against each other and use our words against us, is the plan. And it looks like it would probably be pretty easy to execute.
If we all (especially me) kept a low profile, meaning only conversing on the educational side of things, practice what we preach and educate ourselves, there would be no need for some of the threads that can only do more harm than good, and it would probably be pretty easy at that point to recognize an imposter.

I’ve said it before, and I’ve taken grief for it, but the PC will not help you find a deer you’ve shot. This should be something that has been studied long before taking up the hunt.

There is no void. However, it is possible for a deer to live after being shot. Unlikely, but it does happen. Think about how stupid we sound talking about a void and then just shaking it off, go on back to hunting, I’m sure that animal will be okay, since I hit the “void” and all.

Best thing is probably don’t respond to those threads. (this is where I need to practice what I preach)

However, there are so many here… Hunters… Threads… And so on….
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 PM

me and my hunting group gets hurassed all the time, we just call the cops and they take care of it
Old 12-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think they are in denial anyways so why not.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i personally hate PETA and all those groups but all animals still have a place in my house.......right next to the potatoes and gravy
Old 12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last Friday i went out to dinner at some mexican place. The lady at the table next to me was talking about PETA and horror stories about hunters and wounded animals. This went on for about 15 minutes and I just couldn't take it anymore. I calmly asked her So what have you done to help out these poor animals. She didn't get the question. So I asked her if she has done anything to help out wildlife. She asked me what I was getting at.

So I told her theGroup that I'am a part of Puts millions of dollars a year into better habitat, we have feeding programs, and we plant acres of food for wildlife. She said that sounds wonderful what is the name of your group. I said I am a Hunter.(her jaw dropped).

Than I told her who really does more for the animals Hunters or Peta? and thats where I left it. But she did have this dumb founded look on her face.

Point of the story is don't get mad at these dumba$$'s just put them in their place. If they can't understand logic then you can't argue with them anyway's.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I gotta a good story about PETA. I wish I knew where the video was.

Anyways, PETA was protesting some duck hunters on a river when they forgot to put the plug in their John Boat. The other PETAPoopers were ina coupleof other boats just watchingas their cronie friendssank. Guess who came to the rescue..........? Yep, you guessed it, the duck hunters shortly thereafter went over and fished'em out and even gave up there jackets to'em.Game Wardens show upand hooks up all the protesters.Man, I tell you the video was hilarious because you can hear all the Tree Huggers inthe background yellingat the hunters to do something when they (Tree Huggers)don't even motor over to lift a hand.Like it was the duck hunters fault they forgot to put the plug in the boat. When the chips are on the table PETA has no backbone and will fold everytime.

Quick Reply: Are they here? (peta)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.