Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me get this land!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help me get this land!

ORIGINAL: *JB*

ORIGINAL: monsterhunter021

well what i did once to get land was come over to see he/she an ask how is the hunting out here ask if he/she needs help with anything around the house or yard an then say well do you like deer meat i have alot in my freezer but nowhere to put all of it an was wounder if you would like some of it no charge just tryna be friendly then when she gains your trust after a few times of giving her deer meat say well i see your land has alot of deer an i just lost the land i was hunting befor (make some story up) an say well if it wasnt a bother would you mind if i bow hunted your land a few times in return i would give ya some deer meat an do some handyman work around the house an yard i wont gun hunt i promise an 9 times out of 10 your hunting that land the next week
The period is a very useful form of punctuation when writing. I am not bashing on you, because I know this isn't Grammer class. But it will make your posts easier to read, and people will tend to take you a bit more serious.
That is good, because Grammer is in Indiana, and I suck at Grammar also[8D]
Old 12-13-2006, 11:27 AM

LOL see there!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM

Let's hear some of your best lines to use when approaching a landowner with potential to gain permission.
offer to trade sex for hunting rights ?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Send the nice lady a thank you / X-Mas card or even a small gift thanking her for allowing you access to recover your deer. After the hunting season follow up with her concerning your wants. Best of luck with this honey hole.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

A box of beer and a jar of wiskey usually works good for me.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Don't make a trip over there to thank her and ask at that time, instead take her some deer sausage, etc. and thank her. While there just get to know her better and let her do most of the talking. Many times they will let slip something that needs to be done or they just want someone to lend an ear. Wait a few days or a couple of weeks and strike up another conversation and if she is in the mood, you might seek permission at that time. If its unhunted and a deer paradise there is a reason. Kid gloves needed for this one!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is an old lady by herself, she could definitely use some yard work or work around the house in exchange for a hunt or two. That is what I would offer her and she couldn't refuse!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Offer golf lessons of course.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

This aint a gun in my pocket and Im sure glad to see you.
LMAO. Well she is a looker for mid 40's!

I'm liking all the ideas and input. I think a follow up thank you for letting me track the deer on your land is a good idea. I'll bring her a couple summer sausages, offer to be the son she never had, and see where the conversation leads. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

You going to put some drives on??

I'll bring her a couple summer sausages,
That's your pet name for it now?

Quick Reply: Help me get this land!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.