Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me get this land!

Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help me get this land!

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Germ:

How about the advice from Joe Brooks? It's never NOT worked, for me. It's VERY sound. Rob/PA's got my book....or I'd type it out for you.

Start by getting an aerial map of the land, though. Maybe Germ'll post the rest.

Jeff
Well I do not have my book either, LOL
Be polite, dress nice, take the map with you and show her the property line. Drive a car, not a truck for her. Make sure it is an american car. Have a resume of your huntingto give to her. Act like it isthe job of a lifetime for you.Leave the resume and have her call you back. Like Jeff said it works!

If that does not work, thenget her drunk
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't want to rush your decision so I will leave you my name and number, and if you think we might can work something out please give me a call.
I would not do that unless she says no. Then just ask her to reconsider and you'll come back in a few days if that's OK with her.

If you have to come back, bring a gift.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

This aint a gun in my pocket and Im sure glad to see you.
She'll tell you she don't like snubbed nosed pistols anyways.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I don't want to rush your decision so I will leave you my name and number, and if you think we might can work something out please give me a call.
I would not do that unless she says no. Then just ask her to reconsider and you'll come back in a few days if that's OK with her.

If you have to come back, bring a gift.
I can see where your coming from, but some times people want time to think about a decision without you standing there just waiting fora yes or a no. It is kind of like the car salesman who doesn't want you to leave without telling him yes or no.

EDIT: I should have edited my first post by saying if she doesn't come out with a resounding YES, and she acts hesitant. Then I would.......
Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always tell them this:
1. I am a State Certified Hunter's Ed/Safety Instructor
2. I have a $500,000.00 insurance policy.
3. A waver will be signed releasing the landowner from all responsiblity/liability.
4. I will ONLY be taking kids hunting/viewing wildlife and no other hunter will be on their land.
5. During and after the season we will have a clean up day to pick up litter on the land.
6. (Depending on the person) I offer to share or give all of the meat to the landowner.
7. No perm. stands will be put up.
8. No trees will be cut and/or damaged.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL the things Germ said plus......

1) Go on a nice, pretty day.
2) Go to the sie door (Only people wanting to sell you something use the front door)
3) Tell her you hunt with a bow and arrow. Doesn't that sound harmless????...lol

Jeff
Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL the things Germ said plus......

1) Go on a nice, pretty day.
2) Go to the sie door (Only people wanting to sell you something use the front door)
3) Tell her you hunt with a bow and arrow. Doesn't that sound harmless????...lol

Jeff
I always let them ask "what do you hunt with?" Then I reply, whatever you would like for me to, but usually bow and arrow.
Some want you to use firearms (don't ask 'cause I don't know why) but most, like Jeff is pointing out, feel safer knowing it's "just" bow and arrow.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son has a new approach to getting access to new hunting spots. He takes his 2 year old Daughter with him. Let's her tell stories about big Bucks while holding her hands up by her cute little head as if a deers rack, She even tells a story about a non typical and holds one hand down! If thay dont have it leased, or to many members of their own family hunting it, he gets permission every time!!! One old fella was laughing and had tears in his eyes and said, you sure got her trained dont ya Son. It works for Him. I'm gonna barrow her next year!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM

well what i did once to get land was come over to see he/she an ask how is the hunting out here ask if he/she needs help with anything around the house or yard an then say well do you like deer meat i have alot in my freezer but nowhere to put all of it an was wounder if you would like some of it no charge just tryna be friendly then when she gains your trust after a few times of giving her deer meat say well i see your land has alot of deer an i just lost the land i was hunting befor (make some story up) an say well if it wasnt a bother would you mind if i bow hunted your land a few times in return i would give ya some deer meat an do some handyman work around the house an yard i wont gun hunt i promise an 9 times out of 10 your hunting that land the next week
Old 12-13-2006, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: monsterhunter021

well what i did once to get land was come over to see he/she an ask how is the hunting out here ask if he/she needs help with anything around the house or yard an then say well do you like deer meat i have alot in my freezer but nowhere to put all of it an was wounder if you would like some of it no charge just tryna be friendly then when she gains your trust after a few times of giving her deer meat say well i see your land has alot of deer an i just lost the land i was hunting befor (make some story up) an say well if it wasnt a bother would you mind if i bow hunted your land a few times in return i would give ya some deer meat an do some handyman work around the house an yard i wont gun hunt i promise an 9 times out of 10 your hunting that land the next week
The period is a very useful form of punctuation when writing. I am not bashing on you, because I know this isn't Grammer class. But it will make your posts easier to read, and people will tend to take you a bit more serious.

Quick Reply: Help me get this land!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.