Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA late archery.....

Old 12-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA late archery.....

Don't do it man, well actually I'm not sure about the western side of the state, with the 4 point restriction, perhaps they have it better but to be honest Scott, it really depends on where you hunt, good private or public land. Your welcome here, I might not get out much with ya but I can place ya.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 AM

i will be out there starting dec 26th....in the meantime, I can still hunt VA!! In gun season in PA, I had a nice 8 point walk by right at dark. I could have shot him but hopefully he made it through gun season so I can stick him on the 26th
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you can get into an area that has has low pressure, it will be fine. At my place they are still coming out into the food plots and apples during daylight hours on a daily basis and I know there are 3x very good bucks left on the property. I would invite you down but the only day it looks like I can go is 11/13 for late season unfortunately.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would suggest that you do it. You see, the way I look at it is that there are many folks who take Jason's perspective on this. The deer are all spooked for the remainder of the year and many of the deer have been taken at this point.

But that is the beauty of it. There are significantly less hunters. You do not see the sea of orange that invades the October woods for small game or many of the early doe seasons. Sure there are some muzzeloader hunters out there but they are typically the die-hards that do not let the weather or the previous hunting seasons deter them.

I say go for it. As someone mentioned above, you definitely will have a more enjoyable time than you would if you sat on the couch.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I say do it. You'll have the woods all to yourself uless you run into a gang putting on drives with muzzleloaders. I'm really excited to fill my extra doe tags after christmas. Maybe we'll have snow by then as well, that'll help you in scouting. Let us know where you're thinking about going, I also have a couple spots I could let you know about.

Zach
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well my first reaction was "you need to lay off the crack", BUT if I didn't have a buck, I'd be out there myself this late season. The biggest factor is do you already have a known spot to go to? And if so how much pressure has it had this season? Otherwise be prepared to spend $127 to look at the beautiful leafless PA trees. I'm never buck hunting at this time of year, but, heavy cover and food are most likely the best places to try. PM me if you want to talk some more about it.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

To start.... Thanks for the suggestions and offers everyone. I really appreciate them.

Am I a glutton for punishment??? That I'm not sure about yet.... Last year was the first time in years that I got to hunt the late season and I must sayI enjoyedit.

I have not been in the woods hunting since October 31st and I'm just not sure I am ready to give it up for the year yet.Hell, October 1st is a long time away......

I don't really have anywhere in particular in mind yet..... There are a few places I have been beforethat I am going to check out before I buy a license. I have 12 days to locate and setup on some deer though. That really should be sufficient time Your guys season dates suck BTW
[/align]
Old 12-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Spike

Check out Maryland...for about the same money you can hunt till the end of January!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Don't do it man, well actually I'm not sure about the western side of the state, with the 4 point restriction, perhaps they have it better but to be honest Scott, it really depends on where you hunt, good private or public land. Your welcome here, I might not get out much with ya but I can place ya.
nope its no better over here.[] i still have one more year to be a junior but i still like to see how many buck would actually be legal for anyone to shoot. this season i saw an outstanding 1. and thats all through archery and rife.

id say if your goin to hunt late archery bucks in PA, donthunt ina 4 point WMU.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

ive hunted second season several times sometimes just to fill me doe tag, but this year, where i hunt anyway, it really stinks, but i might still go out..The weather has a lot to do with it, if its in the 30's i might go, if it gets in the 20 with winds then the heck with it...i do enjoy getting out though...Good luck with making your descision...

Quick Reply: PA late archery.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.