Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My friend is a deer expert

Old 12-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Default RE: My friend is a deer expert

ILL TELL YOU GUYS THE BEST METHOD !! GET A NIGHT VISION SCOPE AND A SILENCED .22 AND HUNT AT NIGHT... THAS HOW I GOT ALL MY BIG BUCKS...13 AND COUNTING
Old 12-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Poop Collector

ILL TELL YOU GUYS THE BEST METHOD !! GET A NIGHT VISION SCOPE AND A SILENCED .22 AND HUNT AT NIGHT... THAS HOW I GOT ALL MY BIG BUCKS...13 AND COUNTING
Wow, your a riot!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year was my sons first seasion.He watches all the shows and has a few pieces of fancy equipment.He hunted morning and evening rain or shine right up to the rut and hardly saw a deer.I was usually hunting in another area closeby but not close enough to cut deer off headed twards him.(1000-2000 yds) finally i saw that he was only 10-15 ft up the tree and told him 20-25 would be better.After that he started seeing lots of deer but they were all too small.The last weekend of early seasion he decided to shoot a buck.When i asked him about the size he said it was bigger but not realy big.When we found it i thaught it was a mule! He had to break 200 real easy.Pounds that is.Turns out that my son was so high up that everything looked small!He put his time in before and after work though and he deserved that 9 pointer.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy like that.He was just starting out bowhunting and I took him under my wing, showed him a couple of the spots I hunt, let him hunt them that first year.He crippled a buck I had been watching, rushed in to soon after the shot against my advise, scared the buck which was bedded down and never recovered him.The following year the guy had his own stands up in my areas, had invited several of his friends to hunt the same area, and pretty much ruined my favorite hunting spot which I havent been back to since.

Yet to this day he still tries to offer advice to anyone that will listen, point out what he thinks others are doing wrong, and follows me around trying to figure out where Im hunting and generally he wastes no time in getting permission to hunt right behind me.Hes never killed a deer with his bow.Last week he tried to give me muzzleloading advice.Maybe someday when I need help dragging Ill enlist his expertice and put it to good use[:'(]