Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pendulum sights ?

Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Default RE: pendulum sights ?

I posted a recent thread inquiring about pendulums and got mixed feedback with most not being great. Positive was that it compensated well from an elevated stand. Negative was that it did not do well compensating from a stand if you hunted from varying heights or what you were shooting at on the group was not on flat land. Another point I was given, was if they are so good, why are there only a few makers, types and few use them?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM

I understand some people may have ocular conditions, that was not my point.

I was making reference to the people that just flat-out don't want to make the effort to get better at judging distances(we all know this happens),obviously this isn't your situation.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the same reason poeple are buying 5 pin sights but swear up and down on here there is now way they would ever shoot over 40 yds. Why have 5 pins! A pendulum sight is no different than a single pin sight for shooting on level ground. I would be willing to bet most poeple that bust on them have never had one on their bow either.

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I posted a recent thread inquiring about pendulums and got mixed feedback with most not being great. Positive was that it compensated well from an elevated stand. Negative was that it did not do well compensating from a stand if you hunted from varying heights or what you were shooting at on the group was not on flat land. Another point I was given, was if they are so good, why are there only a few makers, types and few use them?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walk off 30 yards from your stand and hang a ribbon.do that in every direction when a deer walks into the circle of ribbons you know the yardage.
[quote]ORIGINAL: TeeJay

I have duel stigmatisms, I have depth peception due to this. Got any more pointers!

[
Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 70 to 80 days a year all of which are usually in a differnt spot. I am not going to tromp all over my hunting area every time. I will Just shoot the sight i am talking about. You never have to aim high or low. Just put the pin on it and shoot. Ill stick with this method.

[quote]ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Walk off 30 yards from your stand and hang a ribbon.do that in every direction when a deer walks into the circle of ribbons you know the yardage.
ORIGINAL: TeeJay

I have duel stigmatisms, I have depth peception due to this. Got any more pointers!

[
Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ewww weeee he sat you down hard. Anymore advice?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate them,i can not shoot more then 40 yards and hit where i want it to,if you are having roblems then buy a range finder and keep your other sights becuase pendulums are to much haslte. If they where not then the pros on all the movies i watch would be using them. I have only seen one erson use them in a movie with bows on it and he missed the first time and hit him the second time.