Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite famous deer shot!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Favorite famous deer shot!

These are two of my favorite bucks. The Jordan and the Breen bucks. This is a friend of mine who knew the guy that bought them (Hoffman). They have since been sold (Legendary Whitetail Collection).

Attachment (1)
Does anyone other than me see something wrong with this from a hunting stand point. Buying and owning the biggest bucks is just ego to me. It has nothing to do with hunting. It's money and bullcrap. I'm not impressed with "OWNING" the biggest deer. It cheapens them to me. In answer to the question. I like the Jordan buck. I like the Jordan buck above all else. If you note there is a common thread in most of the big bucks. Right place, right time... chance meeting.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:18 PM

My favorite bucks are....well , my bucks because i can remember every little detail to every hunt. It just makes it more enjoyable when i can think that my favorite bucks are the ones i shot.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Johnson buck. Illinois buck, P&Y record,and killed by a long time family friend. I have personally shaken hands and watched Mel shoot his bow in my front yard when I was a kid. He is a great guy.

He always used to come down and turkey hunt around our house some years back. He also was running the check station when I checked my first deer in.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

These are two of my favorite bucks. The Jordan and the Breen bucks. This is a friend of mine who knew the guy that bought them (Hoffman). They have since been sold (Legendary Whitetail Collection).

EXACTLY what I was thinking! To see these 2 bucks up close is amazing.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite typical without a doubt is the Breen Buck. I have to think about the non-typical though...there's some not so well known NT's out there that I love.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I like the SBGobbler Buck