Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tyrkon owners upset by the vectrix?

Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Default RE: tyrkon owners upset by the vectrix?

OK, but here's the deal....Can you improve on something before making the original?? If they hadn't made the Trykon, the Vectrix would never have come into existance. The way I see it, ya'll that bought the Trykon did the rest of us a favor....
Old 12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hows it going with that center shot and those improperly spaced cams?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Hows it going with that center shot and those improperly spaced cams?
Dude, I got it all worked out this evening. I reset center shot and dropped the poundage down to 67....VOILA! First shot was a bullet hole at 10 yards...

Ain't it simply amazing what the properly spined arrow can do? [&:]
Old 12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I bought my Old Glory during the summer and now they aren't making it anymore and as we all know, Bowtech came out the with the coolest bows EVER this year. I am going to keep the OG though, look at it as a collectors item!
I feel ya YooperMike. I bought mine in October and it was off the webpage in November. Oh well, it is a great shooting bow and I will keep it and the Switchback for a couple of years.

I would argue on Bowtech coming out with the coolest bows ever. Let's wait until next year to make that statement and make sure all the quirks are worked out.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand what you are saying. You thought you were buying something cutting edge and how could cutting edge go out so fast. The hype and advertising over the Trykon didn't live up to it, you defended it and Hoyt left you out to dry by not making it again. Life sucks like that sometimes. If it was their first and a test bow the price and hype should have reflected it.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nodog

I understand what you are saying. You thought you were buying something cutting edge and how could cutting edge go out so fast. The hype and advertising over the Trykon didn't live up to it, you defended it and Hoyt left you out to dry by not making it again. Life sucks like that sometimes. If it was their first and a test bow the price and hype should have reflected it.
WRONG; making it again. Look at their website. Trykon is a great bow; I just traded mine in as I like the latest greatest technology. I love my Vectrix and it is the best Hoyt I have ever shot; until next year.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

WRONG; making it again. Look at their website. Trykon is a great bow; I just traded mine in as I like the latest greatest technology. I love my Vectrix and it is the best Hoyt I have ever shot; until next year.
Come on Hardcore, put together all the negitive comments by hoyt guys over the past few years and you'd be hard pressed to find any until the Trykon came along, except for their strings. I know you loved yours. Your a Hoyt groupie. If the Trykon was a great bow they would continue to make it. It would not sell this year. (that's a period) They still make the one I shoot I think (protec). They have made it for several I also think.Hoyt has made many of their bows for more than one year the fact that they aren't making the Trykon is telling. I don't expect you to see it with those Hoyt colored glasses on.JK
Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Come on Hardcore, put together all the negitive comments by hoyt guys over the past few years and you'd be hard pressed to find any until the Trykon came along, except for their strings. I know you loved yours. Your a Hoyt groupie. If the Trykon was a great bow they would continue to make it. It would not sell this year. (that's a period) They still make the one I shoot I think (protec). They have made it for several I also think.Hoyt has made many of their bows for more than one year the fact that they aren't making the Trykon is telling. I don't expect you to see it with those Hoyt colored glasses on.JK
The trykon is on their site and they are selling it; get your facts right.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope doesn't make me mad at all. Until someone that couldn't outshoot me with a Trykon outshoots me with a vectix, I'm perfectly happy.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

I'm a bit mad at the fact that hoyt came out with an improved parrallel limb bow.
How do you know it is improved? Because Hoyt says so? If so, what is improved about it?

Quick Reply: tyrkon owners upset by the vectrix?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.