Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Deer A
2.13%
Deer B
93.62%
Deer C
4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

QDM question ?????

Old 12-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default QDM question ?????

Out of the following pics, which deer would you take if these three were under your stand at the same time? Also,why?:

Deer A

Deer B

Deer C

Old 12-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QDM question ?????

Deer A- appears to be 2 1/2 yo, maybe 3 1/2. He has no mass and but plenty of potential.

Deer B- Definitely a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 yo buck. Good spread and mass socrijng over 130". He is a shooter in my book.

Deer C- Two words...Young deer, dont shoot them.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm OUT OF TAGS....lol!

I think, genetically, the last deer needs to be taken out. He's not as old as Deer A.....but he's inferior. I think you'd be HARD PRESSED to find someone who....given the three choices......wouldn't take Deer B....if we'll all answer honestly.

Hey....I'm new at this....and this is my answer....until someone comes along and tells me why I'm wrong.....at which point I reserve the right to unkill the deer I hypotheically didn't kill.....due to the fact Im tagged out.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM

Deer B- He's the only mature one in the bunch.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

"B" Just a better deer
Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I think, genetically, the last deer needs to be taken out. He's not as old as Deer A.....but he's inferior. Jeff

I agree w/ you that deer c doesnt appear to have a good rack/genetics, BUT he also looks like a young deer- 1.5 yo. Culling a buck before he is at least 3.5 will come back to burn you. If a fawn is born late in the year it takes him, sometimes, at least 2 years to catch up to his siblings. At which point he can turn out to be a dandy.

Personally i think culling is BS, unless your on a game farm or a highly regulated area. Deer get big w/ age, bottom line. 99% of the time when someone says its a cull buck its their excuse for not shootinga bigger one. JMO
Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey dr.....

He said we had a choice between the three. I'd pick B if I was offered a shot. I'm just being honest though.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

SB, Iknow that you said you'd shoot deer b, who wouldnt he's a brute. But i just wanted to point out the cull idea to everyone. Its one of my pet peeves.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would shoot any of the 3 but would prefer B.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer B - only mature one.

You have no way of knowing if deer C has bad genetics or not. He isn't old enough to tell. Either way, for QDM and not rack management, Deer B is the only one to shoot and it is because of AGE not RACK. I think there is a lot of confusion around here between QDM and rack management.

Quick Reply: QDM question ?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.