Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winter Bowhunting

Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winter Bowhunting

Ahhhh let her hunt....who are you to tell her not to hunt!
ORIGINAL: TreeDreamer

Nina, We only have room for one more deer in the freezer and since I am the one paying the electric bill why dont you just hang it up for the season and let your dad try to fill his buck tag..............Besides you already taught those deer a good lesson across the street let that little 4point and 8 point grow bigger and they will be waiting for you next bow season. YOU HAVE TOO MANY DEERHEADS TO MOUNT WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND THE TIME.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

Deer hunting in the late season can be a time of great hunts and a time of not so great hunts, but either way you look at it, they are great!!

I good idea would be to sweep throuh your property and get a new idea of where the deer are, they often change patterns when the cold hits. A goos time for this might be after a small snow. It stinks giving up a time to hunt with scouting, but it can save you big time and pay big! Places out of the wind and with thick cover (evergreens are a honey hole). Water isnt such a valuable source now. Bean fields seem to be key here in the midwest. Stay warm and focused. Like was stated earlier, deer are often in groups of 2-8 this time of year and are more spookier. Get in early and stay late, a dust of snow is one of the best times to hunt whitetails.

Good luck and stay warm!

Willie Urish
Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

piebaldoe my son live 15 min from pittburg . we went to visit him this summer and i seen 4 different bucks turkeys and a foxs he called me sat. morn which is 7 his 6 our to tell me he has a big 10 pter standing at the edge of the woods he live at and that's not the only big buck he's seen out there wish i could hunt there but out of state would cost to much and 7 and half hours to to far d\to drive .