Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do I need my eyes checked?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do I need my eyes checked?

That always happens to me but it usually ends up being a branch ora squirrel.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Move your eyes before you move your head Mr Bobblehead. When your head is as far one way as it can get, scan all the way that way you can and move your eyes in a sweeping motion back in the other direction. When youreyes can go no further that way focus on a spot and more your head to it. Sweep your eyes both ways again and repeat. In this way you're covering everything in overlapping pictures that keep movement down. If I could hear like my buddy I don't think I'd move my head much at all. But, since I'm mostly deaf I have to seethem. I can't hear them run through a foot of dry leaves. Ifyou think you saw something look around it, don't stare at it. If that doesn't work, stand on one leg and pat your head and rub your tummy in a circular motion. If you can't do that you're probably drunk.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

That's called taking a nap.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Hunters mirage!

try closing your eyes for a little while and listening.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

There are vacancies at the Betty Ford Clinic !
Old 12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Spike

You may have floaters. Many people see tiny objects floating in their field of vision. These are called floaters. Seeing these objects seems to happen more often during middle age, although children may also observe them.Floaters are tiny clumps of material that are floating in the fluid inside the eye. Some are simply blood cells or parts of other cells that have gotten loose in the fluid. After middle age, the vitreous gel in the eye degenerates and forms microscopic clumps that float around in the eye.
The current in the fluid causes the floaters to move about. Although they are microscopic in size, their location between the lens of the eye and the retina magnifies their appearance in the field of vision. I have this to a small degree and sometimes think I see movement when i start to look away from a spot. It's not a big deal. So you'r not going crazzy afer all.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:14 PM

It's funny how we want to have encounters so bad. I am 20 years old and have really good vision, and this season i was hunting a field, and when i looke dacross the field i saw what i thought was a rack rubing a tree. This went on for about 5 minutes then i finally slowly got my binocs out to see weeds blowing in the wind. LMAO we can only hope sometimes.