Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost the farm....

Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 AM

Default RE: Lost the farm....

i tell you what if u dont have a spot in ur home state you can hunt my land down in maryland world class bucks 2 records set for maryland in the past month 24 point and a 26 point nice deer now i dont own alot of land i own about 47 acres of land an my buddies land backs up to mine an he owns 300 and somthing so let me know but yea alot of land owners are selling to make a quick buck around here my town used to be all farms 8 years ago mine an my buddie is the only farm around now so all the deer is pushing into our woods i have been offered almost 700 thousand for my land and i will not sell to no my land has been giving to me by my grandmother that just past not to long ago so for people to shut you out of that land like that is wrong you grew up their as i did here and its not right that kinda stuff pisses me off good luck buddie an hope you get your land back.. my offer still stands
Old 12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dabowhunter

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I'm trying to talk one of my friends family to buy it (they own alot of other farmland around the area), and none of them deer hunt. The only thing is they don't usually buy land with a lot of woods.

Time will tell, we are not ruling out the possibilty of some guys coming up with some money.
Any reason why you can't hunt some of their land?
It comes down to money. I am working my way through college right now and cannot afford to go into anymore debt. They are only selling all 365 together.

And monsterhunter, I really appreciate the offer. Maryland is a little out there, but it sounds like a great place there.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have been talking about all of the hunters from there getting together and getting pics of all the mounts and other deer that we have taken off the farm.

I will have to post them up if we ever get it all together. I think in all we have something like 20 mounts from just the last 15 years or so.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've lost some great spots too. Seems right after we get their patterns figured out the owner sells or his son-in-law doesn't want us to hunt anymore. It's like loosing a good friend. We talk about hunts we had on this land or that. This year I found out the prime hunting area I have back east has been sold. I could literally see 100 deer in one day there. I don't think I'll even get out there before the closing for one last hunt. I just keep looking for new places and make new "friends" to make memories on.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM

IBH where are you located?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM

sorry about your lost land. One of my oldest hunting spots is now a walmart parking lot
and store.[>:]
Old 12-11-2006, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: schliker

sorry about your lost land. One of my oldest hunting spots is now a walmart parking lot
and store.[>:]
that is about as bad as it gets, I truly think one day,even though it may take 100 yrs,the whole country will be paved or close to it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well got some GREAT news today. I had talked to a guy a few years ago about bowhunting on his family land. He said it would be fine, but that is as far as the conversation went.

I contacted him again and found out that it is over 300 acres and NO ONE bowhunts it. Even better, I drive by the land twice a week while working, and saw a 140 class 8 point, and 130 class 10 point feeding near it. I am pretty excited about this oppurtunity.

Some final details need to be worked out with the guys that shotgun hunt there, but this newest detail has me somewhat excited.

I also have been able to line up a few more land possibilites closer to my house when I don't have enough time to drive to this land.

It won't be as good as owning the land, but then again it is alot better than being packed in with public land hunters.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 AM

I'm sorry for your lose but this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound this way but funny none-the-less.

...spent countless hours exploring the ridges, and all of the guys in our deer camp.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea solax,that almost sounded like a prision romance novel! Im just kidding dude,i know you didnt mean it that way.Im glad you found somewhere to hunt,and good luck!

Quick Reply: Lost the farm....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.