Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow buck #2

Old 12-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Bow buck #2

Congratz nice buck
Old 12-10-2006, 05:14 PM

must be nice...good 'un!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

Nice deer.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Congrats on the buck tx, and thanks again for the harness should be here so i can hang off the Christmas tree with it.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:26 PM

Congratulations.....nice buck
Old 12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

atta boy TXJ looks like you had a good season
Dan
Old 12-10-2006, 06:39 PM

Nicely done!! You wanna come up and guide me???
Old 12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, it has been a good year. I am tagged out on the property I hunt. I still have 2 doe tags but I can't use them in this county. Besides the freezer is pretty full and I still need room for hogs. I got the 7 pt at about 9:15 this AM. I have no idea where he came in from. There was a light mist falling in my favorite stand of oaks. The leaves were damp and I never heard him. I looked to my right and there he was at 25 yds. He was feeding and totally unaware of me. Calmest deer I have ever killed. He was broadside with his head down so I drew and let rip. 2 lungs and nicked heart. He went 30yds, fell in sight and that was it. Probably my easiest hunt ever. I would say pure luck but not so. I found that oak grove and the sign in it. I set up there and I kept going back.
Mobow, I don't know if I could dp you any good at all. All 4 of my bow deer have come out of the same stand of oaks. I don't know if I can hunt anywhere else!
As far as hogs go I stalked up to 4 hogs this evening but never got a shot off. Mobow whenever you are ready to hog hunt I'll guide ya here!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats again tx great story kinda scary when you turn around and go omg theres a deer and they are not even worried about you kinda spooky last time that happened to me it was cold, pouring and windy and the deer was 20 yards from me in Illinois and you should have seen my face when i saw the horns on that sucker and i was on the ground btw i would like to try my luck at hogs one day tooi might have to take you up on a hog hunt for a deer hunt in a few years
Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any time at all oneshot. The property owner allows guests for hogs as long as deer season is not open. So if you ever find yourself thinking about a hog trip just let me know. We have them but are not overun with them. Its about like any hunting, you may or may not see what you're after.

Quick Reply: Bow buck #2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.