Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Table is open for betting.......(closed) BBD

Old 12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Table is open for betting.......

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

Way to go! Simply amazing the deer sitings he has. What state is he in? 23 deer in one sitting, 20 doe another time, and another buck down...wow!
Matt, Jeff's in NC. I had the pleasure to go down and hunt with Jeff for a weekend and it's amazing. We hunted some small woodlots in a suburban setting which borders a Parks department. Jeff has a ton of deer in this area and has exclusive permission to hunt all the area around his house. He got permission from people to hunt here when other's said there was no way he'd be able get permission to hunt there. He's a very personal person and the people responded with permission.

In the morning hunt I counted 13 deer with good buck chasing does under the street lights, the evening, I stopped counting at 37 sightings, many the same deer mind you but after I stopped counting I saw many more different bucks. Here is my HNI journal for that hunt: http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=544
Old 12-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

So the houses are the fences? Is it much of a challenge?
Old 12-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Site Buck Guru

Wow! Good job SB! Sounds like one of my spots. I had 14 does and fawns walk past me tonight in one group. According to some, it's not very challenging and we should hunt somewhere else. You know, outside of our own backyard. But I don't know, it's fun seeing a lot of deer and being able to "cherry pick" one at will.Again, congradulations.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Site Bouncer

Way to go Jeff! Congrats and can't wait to see the pics.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

So the houses are the fences? Is it much of a challenge?
Oh yes MO, very much so. The houses don't act like a fence at all. The deer have the people patterned and know when it's safe and when it's not and when you do something out of the normality of the landscape, the deer are as skittish as any I've seen, perhaps more so. It's the shear number of deer that's amazing.

The evening I sat in a tree behind one of these house when a buck was chasing a doe, he was 20 yards from me with no shot because of vegitation (thick). Behind me the women was standing next to a occupied vehicle and they were carrying on a conversation, laughing and carrying on. The deer were oblivious to them BUT, when I stepped up to the tree I was going to setup in, I spooked several deer out of there in a hurry. You step inside what the deer consider a safe zone and they turn inside out to leave.

Yes, very challanging in it's own way.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see Rob.I was asking because there is a well to do neighborhood that is wanting bowhunters to come in and help thin the heard. Its about a 40 acre plot that is literally surronded by huge homes and alot of them were feeding the deer until the home association banned it. When you drive thru most any time of the day you can see deer. Long story short they need hunters to kill them to save all the $ they are losing on their landscape etc. Thats why I asked the ?'s because it seems like it would be a shoot more than a hunt.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Jeff, I'm glad to see your hard work paying off!
Looking forward to the pics, if you should take any.
KP
Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Here he is.......pay up, suckas!....(just kidding)