Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Michigan Lisences Going up to $75!?

Old 12-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: Michigan Lisences Going up to $75!?

For a non-resident to hunt Michigan next year will be $ 330 and $ 100 for a small game license . For a non-resident to hunt Ohio is $ 173 which covers small game and two deer tags. In Ohio only one can be a buck but you can fill both tags with does with gun or bow. I have hunted northern Michigan for the past 11 years and I have really enjoyed it . But to fill my tags with spikes and 3 points doesn't do it for that kind of money . I usually hunt a week of bow season and maybe 5 days at gun season . With the two trips I usually spend $ 700 to $ 800 in the local economy. I know of a group that have been hunting the first week of bow season up there for years and this year only 3 of the 15 hunters bought deer tags the rest bought small game license . They spend a lot of money in the local economy. Camping fees , gas , groceries etc. For that kind of priceincrease I will probably hunthere in Ohio and use the extra money for something else. By the way I spent over $ 1000 in license fees for my wife and myself this past year .Taht was both hunting and fishing license in other states .If a non-resident is lucky enough to ever get draw for a Michigan bear license they would have topay $ 300 for a license . In Ontario it is about $175 over the counter . Thanks Michigan for the memories.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I think you guys should consider yourselves fortunate to have been able to take multiple deer for $30 in the past.

I pay $36 every year to only get one tag.

I'd pay $75 if I were allowed two deer a year.
Funny I think you guys in Washington should be hitting yourselves in the head with a hammer all the time saying "stupid, stupid, stupid".[:@]So if we charge more than you and your state decides to raise rates will you feel "lucky"?

Freedom is coughing up blood!

What's the difference between a hunter and his game and Homer Simpson and a donut?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

They better take that additional money and spend all of it on more CO's to catch all the new poachers they just created.......
this was one of the first thoughts that I had as well. There are already people that don't buy a tag until after the deer is shot. WIth this increase in price, this practice is only going to go up. It just irks me that they are going to stick it up the hunter's ass because the DNR has created their own problems and that wench governor can't figure out how to get out of it.