Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Michigan Lisences Going up to $75!?

Old 12-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Michigan Lisences Going up to $75!?

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

They better take that additional money and spend all of it on more CO's to catch all the new poachers they just created.......
really kind of a catch 22 is'nt it!!

gzg38b we had so issues 10 years ago and I just kept calling the line. After we busted about 5 people word got a round, folks stopped.

Where are you at?

Old 12-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in Northern Genesee county near Clio / Montrose. The poaching is pretty bad around here. The problem is you've got a bunch of houses near the road with 1 or 2 acres. The people that own these houses think they are entitled to hunt the woods adjacent to their yards even though they don't own it.

These people are real trash. They've broken into my dad's tower blind and stolen his corn feeder. They've also vandalized some of his treestands. We don't really know who's doing it.

The one house behind my dad's place has a couple of high school kids that drove their 4 wheel drive truck through standing corn shooting shotguns at deer in October while I was trying to bowhunt. We went and knocked on the door and the kids dad denied it was his kids out there.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I'm in Northern Genesee county near Clio / Montrose. The poaching is pretty bad around here. The problem is you've got a bunch of houses near the road with 1 or 2 acres. The people that own these houses think they are entitled to hunt the woods adjacent to their yards even though they don't own it.

These people are real trash. They've broken into my dad's tower blind and stolen his corn feeder. They've also vandalized some of his treestands. We don't really know who's doing it.

The one house behind my dad's place has a couple of high school kids that drove their 4 wheel drive truck through standing corn shooting shotguns at deer in October while I was trying to bowhunt. We went and knocked on the door and the kids dad denied it was his kids out there.

We have delt with the same issue, the kids rolled their truck and had know where to go.

It sucks!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:28 PM

I heard all the fees are going up, the small game and fishing liscences will be $30 next year I heard. I don't know for sure about any of it though. I supose it would be on the michigan.gov page though.

Paul
Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM

I read small game will be $20 instead of $15.
Fishing will be $20 instead of $15
Species like Salmon are going to be $40 instead of $28
I also read that ONLY FIREARM SEASON will be raising to $30 as opposed to $15, NOT bow. Rifle is the biggest draw in revenue afterall, so that makes sense.

This increase is not even going to be denting the DNR deficit in 5 years anyways, this increase is relatively mild. Michigan I believe is one of the lowest charging states as far as licenses go am I right?

If this passes it will take affect April 1st 2007!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:15 PM

I think you guys should consider yourselves fortunate to have been able to take multiple deer for $30 in the past.

I pay $36 every year to only get one tag.

I'd pay $75 if I were allowed two deer a year.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:07 PM

I guess I should consider myself lucky to be able to shoot 4 animals (2 deer, 2 turkey) for $17.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are fortunate, but some people are just plain lucky...
Old 12-07-2006, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I think you guys should consider yourselves fortunate to have been able to take multiple deer for $30 in the past.

I pay $36 every year to only get one tag.

I'd pay $75 if I were allowed two deer a year.
Yea I would say we are very fortunate and even lucky in a sense, even if there is an increase we are STILL going to be fairly fortunate.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't think anyone’s "lucky" because they pay less or get more. That's crazy thinking and is what these politicians use for an excuse all the time. The are not private business. We pay for them to provide a service and use what it takes and not a penny more. How can they be hurting for money, total BS. They are not doing their job period. These slobs retire early and live like kings on the publics back. They need more, I don't think so. Why is it every time an election is over, hunters get the shaft. They don't do this before one.

The real reason they are charging more is because hunters run around like heroin addicts, they'll pay what ever price and authorities know it.[8D]

Any law enforcement agent can bust a poacher. How many times do we have to pay someone to do a job. We the people need someone to represent us against our representatives.[:@]

Many seem to think passing up deer is a good thing. I wonder if enough guys would be willing to sit out a season or just hunt another state? Let'm choke on their tags. You Mich. guys are big union people, go on strike!

Quick Reply: Michigan Lisences Going up to $75!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.